    Does anyone have any idea how I can delete this email?

    Thanks
    Darren
    Darren, Jan 3, 2005

  2. Darren

    Thor Guest

    Darren spake of :

    > Hi,
    >
    > Outlook express has done something funny, an email I have from trademe
    > makes outlook express lock up as soon as I click on it, every time a
    > do a search
    > through my inbox the search will look through that trademe email and
    > lock up.
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea how I can delete this email?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Darren

    Sounds very spammy/virussy to do that.
    Try turning off the preview pane and deleting it by rightclicking in the
    inbox.

    You could also move everything else out of your inbox then deleting the
    inbox, it will rebuild on shutting down and reloading hopefully.

    Another method might be to install thunderbird import the mail and use
    it to delete that mail and keep using thunderbird instead.

    --
    *~~~ The ThunderLord returns
    Thor, Jan 3, 2005

  3. Darren

    Darren Guest

    > Sounds very spammy/virussy to do that.
    > Try turning off the preview pane and deleting it by rightclicking in the
    > inbox.
    >
    > You could also move everything else out of your inbox then deleting the
    > inbox, it will rebuild on shutting down and reloading hopefully.
    >
    > Another method might be to install thunderbird import the mail and use
    > it to delete that mail and keep using thunderbird instead.

    Thanks for your reply,

    How do you turn off email preview, I cant seem to find it in options?

    Darren
    Darren, Jan 4, 2005
  4. Darren

    # Guest

    On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:41:54 +1300, Darren wrote:

    > Thanks for your reply,
    >
    > How do you turn off email preview, I cant seem to find it in options?

    Normally:

    go to VIEW menu
    select LAYOUT
    untick SHOW PREVIEW PANE in the PREVIEW PANE section
    click OK
    #, Jan 4, 2005
  5. Darren

    Dave Taylor Guest

    # <> wrote in news:xo1ngk4kgm5i$.bp3wdb64f8to$.dlg@
    40tude.net:

    > On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 15:41:54 +1300, Darren wrote:
    >
    >> Thanks for your reply,
    >>
    >> How do you turn off email preview, I cant seem to find it in options?

    > Normally:
    >
    > go to VIEW menu
    > select LAYOUT
    > untick SHOW PREVIEW PANE in the PREVIEW PANE section
    > click OK

    This should ALWAYS be done for the inbox of any microsoft email application
    IMHO.
    Preview pane is fine for other folders, (except your spam one)

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Jan 4, 2005