    Associated with W32/Downloader.JTV, W32/Downloader.JTQ,W32/Proxy.HG

    Need to know how can I delete them pls?

    , Nov 25, 2005

  2. Trax Guest

    wrote:

    |>My Freedom Purifier unable to delete these infections:
    |>C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0000064.CPY to
    |>C:\_RESTORE\TEMP\A0000068.CPY
    |>Associated with W32/Downloader.JTV, W32/Downloader.JTQ,W32/Proxy.HG
    |>
    |>Need to know how can I delete them pls?

    Disable your Restore Run (WinKey+R):
    %systemroot%\system32\Restore\rstrui.exe <enter>

    Then start using
    http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/ as your
    backup\restore

    --
    Black Friday Deals
    http://locker.uky.edu/~pmdent2/blackfriday.htm

    Trax, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Ben Myers Guest

    This is a common problem with all antivirus programs. See
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2000092513515106

    Ben

    Ben Myers, Nov 25, 2005
  4. Noel Paton Guest

    You have Windows ME - and the files in the System Restore archive
    (C:\_Restore) can't harm you there. They can only become active again if you
    restore the computer to a time during which you were infected.
    If you're happy that the machine is now clear of infection outsaide the SR
    archive, you should reset System restore, to clear the archive, and create a
    new, clean SR point.

    To Reset System Restore -
    System | Performance | File System | Troubleshooting and check
    "Disable System Restore",
    Apply, OK, and IMMEDIATELY reboot.
    This will flush you restore folder and erase all checkpoints, then,
    System | Performance | File System | Troubleshooting and uncheck
    "Disable System Restore",
    Apply, OK, and again IMMEDIATELY reboot.
    This should now automatically create a new checkpoint immediately following
    the restart.
    Finally adjust the space allocated to the restore folder,
    System | Performance | File System | Hard Disk and adjust the restore slider
    to your preferred setting.

    Most people find that a setting of 200-300MB is sufficient to hold 10-15
    days worth of restore points, unless you are doing a lot of
    installs/uninstalls, or installing large applications (such as Office).

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm