    this morning I looked at it and decided to remove it and can't see how
    its done. Any help? It hurts nothing to sit there but it's time for it
    to go.
    Gary, Sep 15, 2007

  2. Gary

    ceed Guest

    Gary wrote:

    |Long ago under Win 98 I had a registry cleaner that installed itself
    |in the control panel. It never worked under XP and I just left it
    |there but this morning I looked at it and decided to remove it and
    |can't see how its done. Any help? It hurts nothing to sit there but
    |it's time for it to go.

    The extension for Control Panel items is .cpl. You would have to find
    the .cpl file and delete it. It's probably stored in
    C:/windows/system32. Please note that the file may not have the same
    name as the Control Panel object. What you could do is find the one(s)
    you suspect could be the right one and either move it to your desktop
    or change it's extension to see if it dissapears from Control Panel. As
    soon as the right one dissapears you can delete it.

    --
    //ceed
    ceed, Sep 15, 2007

  3. Gary

    Gary Guest

    ceed wrote:
    > Gary wrote:
    >
    > |Long ago under Win 98 I had a registry cleaner that installed itself
    > |in the control panel. It never worked under XP and I just left it
    > |there but this morning I looked at it and decided to remove it and
    > |can't see how its done. Any help? It hurts nothing to sit there but
    > |it's time for it to go.
    >

    > The extension for Control Panel items is .cpl. You would have to find
    > the .cpl file and delete it. It's probably stored in
    > C:/windows/system32. Please note that the file may not have the same
    > name as the Control Panel object. What you could do is find the one(s)
    > you suspect could be the right one and either move it to your desktop
    > or change it's extension to see if it dissapears from Control Panel. As
    > soon as the right one dissapears you can delete it.

    Thanks, that worked like a champ.
    Gary, Sep 15, 2007