    but "Options", "Enable" and "Uninstall" are all greyed out. How can I
    get it to disappear from the list?

    , Dec 26, 2008

  2. wrote:
    > I have "Real Player Record Browser Plug-in 1.0" in my list of add-ons.
    > Not sure why it was installed or what it was for. At one time
    > incremental updates of FF always flagged this as incompatible, looked
    > for updates and found none. I would like to get it out of the list,
    > but "Options", "Enable" and "Uninstall" are all greyed out. How can I
    > get it to disappear from the list?

    this isn't really an addon. It come with Real Player.
    When you installed that program, it installed this
    plugin. When you visit some site with a video and you
    want that vid, you hover your mouse over the vid, and
    you should get the Real Player Download Video option.
    To get rid of it: uninstall Real Player

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Dec 26, 2008

  3. zutroi Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> I have "Real Player Record Browser Plug-in 1.0" in my list of add-ons.

    > this isn't really an addon. It come with Real Player. When you
    > installed that program, it installed this plugin. When you visit some
    > site with a video and you want that vid, you hover your mouse over the
    > vid, and you should get the Real Player Download Video option. To get
    > rid of it: uninstall Real Player

    man! is that piece of crap Realplayer still around? why hasn't this
    crappy company disappeared along with all the other fail out there?

    zutroi

    PS. i once had a video in .rm format which i loved. i never did find a
    non-crapped-up version of it. needless to say it was deleted and missed...

    zutroi, Jan 2, 2009
  4. zutroi wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >>> I have "Real Player Record Browser Plug-in 1.0" in my list of add-ons.

    >> this isn't really an addon. It come with Real Player. When you
    >> installed that program, it installed this plugin. When you visit some
    >> site with a video and you want that vid, you hover your mouse over the
    >> vid, and you should get the Real Player Download Video option. To get
    >> rid of it: uninstall Real Player

    > man! is that piece of crap Realplayer still around? why hasn't this
    > crappy company disappeared along with all the other fail out there?
    >
    > zutroi
    >
    > PS. i once had a video in .rm format which i loved. i never did find a
    > non-crapped-up version of it. needless to say it was deleted and missed...

    yes, realplayer is still around and will be. I've
    never had a problem with it. If you don't like it,
    then try real alternative:
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/real_Alternative.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 2, 2009