HOW TO: Decrease Sensitivity for Mouse Clicks

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wayfarer, Dec 21, 2004.

  1. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
    a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
    almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
    selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
    and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
    selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
    switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
    double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
    chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.

    I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...

    Does anyone have any idea of how to fix this?

    TIA

    Neill

    --
    Wayfarer
    Journeys: http://www.journeys.ws/

    There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the
    path. - Morpheus

    Wayfarer, Dec 21, 2004

  2. In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teranews> Wayfarer <> wrote:

    >I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
    >a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
    >almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
    >selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
    >and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
    >selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
    >switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
    >double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
    >chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
    >
    >I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...

    Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "HA! Seems Lady Chatterly trolls on over to the Michael Jackson group
    - to create chaos there too!!!!!" -- Judy

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 21, 2004

  3. Wayfarer

    Wayfarer Guest

    Thus spake Lady Chatterly <>:

    > In article <1103649485.017734d94e526f0c198f557c539b2778@teranews> Wayfarer <> wrote:
    >>
    >>I apologize for crossposting, but I'm very frustrated. I've got
    >>a Windows XP w/SP2 box. The mouse has gotten so sensitive that
    >>almost always when I click on file in Explorer, instead of
    >>selecting the file it opens it. I use a tabbed browser (Maxthon)
    >>and every time I single-click on a tab it closes it instead of
    >>selecting it. I am *not* running in single click mode. I tried
    >>switching to single-click, rebooting, then changing back to
    >>double-click, rebooting again (yeah, I know it was waving a dead
    >>chicken). The mouse clicks were still too sensitive.
    >>
    >>I am at my wit's end. Not a long trip, but anyway...

    > Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?

    I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
    state. But very often when I post I make light of it...

    Neill

    Wayfarer, Dec 21, 2004
  4. Wayfarer

    Guest

    On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:34:31 -0500, Wayfarer <>
    wrote:

    |> Thus spake Lady Chatterly <>:

    |> > Do you always ask if you are at your wit's end?
    |>
    |> I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
    |> state. But very often when I post I make light of it...

    The lady's a bot with no info for you.

    Control panel > mouse
    Play with the Double-click speed

    If your mouse has different software installed same thing; play with the
    Double-click speed.

    --

    , Dec 21, 2004
  5. In article <1103654072.0a0ef00b0b59da305d04f92cca9d8986@teranews> Wayfarer <> wrote:

    >I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
    >state. But very often when I post I make light of it...

    But Very often when I ps I make light of it.

    --
    Lady Chatterly

    "And the web site you are getting these quotes from is going to run
    dry." -- Dr.Postman

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 21, 2004
  6. wrote:

    > On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 13:34:31 -0500, Wayfarer <>
    > wrote:

    > |> I needn't (and didn't) ask, since it seems that it's my natural
    > |> state. But very often when I post I make light of it...
    >
    > The lady's a bot with no info for you.
    >
    > Control panel > mouse
    > Play with the Double-click speed
    >
    > If your mouse has different software installed same thing; play with the
    > Double-click speed

    There's also a possibility that the mouse is filled with crap (remove the
    ball and use Canned Air to give it a vigorous cleaning), or the switch in
    your mouse has failed (the dreaded "double bounce" syndrome) and a new
    mouse is called for. Try using another mouse for a while; if it behaves
    that may fix your problem.

    (I KNOW this isn't to the OP, but it flows in the thread. :) )
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Dec 23, 2004
  7. Wayfarer

    Guest

    On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 02:02:46 GMT, "Gary G. Taylor"
    <> wrote:

    |> (I KNOW this isn't to the OP, but it flows in the thread. :) )

    :)

    --

    , Dec 23, 2004