How to deal with spammers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by G. Morgan, Nov 17, 2010.

  1. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    G. Morgan, Nov 17, 2010

  2. On 18/11/10 00:22, G. Morgan wrote:
    > HTH
    > http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/constructive.png

    When machines will pass the Turing test, then, we will be owned by the Matrix.

    --
    >o_/ DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre (aka DoubleHP) http://benoit.demaine.info/

    If computing were an exact science, IT engineers would'nt have work \_o<

    "So all that's left, Is the proof that love's not only blind but deaf."
    (FAKE TALES OF SAN FRANCISCO, Arctic Monkeys)

    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre, Nov 18, 2010

  3. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    DEMAINE Benoit-Pierre <> wrote:

    >On 18/11/10 00:22, G. Morgan wrote:
    >> HTH
    >> http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/constructive.png

    >When machines will pass the Turing test, then, we will be owned by the Matrix.

    Airplanes already taxi, takeoff, fly, land, and taxi again (by themselves). We
    are close to being pwned.

    G. Morgan, Nov 18, 2010
  4. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    Gaius Baltar <> wrote:

    >When an automated cab can take you anywhere you want in NY city, we
    >are screwed...

    I hope they don't have that stupid robot on the inside that is supposed to be
    your "driver". You know, the one in that Sylvester Stallone movie where he
    turns his head 180° to ask where you want to go.

    >Actually the Isralies and others already use robotic sentries to
    >patrol some of their borders
    >
    >http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20827834.300-intruders-beware-armed-robots-on-patrol.html

    >Provided the route they need to check is well defined with no
    >surprises, these devices do a reliable job

    I can only read the preview. It wants me to subscribe to see the whole article.

    The US attack and reconnaissance aircraft drone program is doing some pretty
    wild things. Imagine going to work in Virginia, and your job is to fly a drone
    1/2 way around the globe looking for targets, and the capability to kill it if
    ordered.

    What happens when/if the drones gets AI programming to be 100% autonomous? That
    is some scary stuff.

    G. Morgan, Nov 20, 2010
  5. G. Morgan

    G. Morgan Guest

    §ñühw¤£f <> wrote:

    <nothing intelligible>

    Fix your reader so I can read your poasts. I don't know what you are running,
    but it's a fucked up reader.

    Lately, not only are your posted links <still> broken but your line quoting is
    broken. Look at line length in settings please and adjust to at least 72.

    G. Morgan, Nov 21, 2010
  6. G. Morgan

    Ozark Guest

    On Nov 19, 11:20 pm, G. Morgan <> wrote:
    > Gaius Baltar <> wrote:
    > >When an automated cab can take you anywhere you want in NY city, we
    > >are screwed...

    > I hope they don't have that stupid robot on the inside that is supposed to be
    > your "driver".  You know, the one in that Sylvester Stallone movie where he
    > turns his head 180° to ask where you want to go.
    >
    > >Actually the Isralies and others already use robotic sentries to
    > >patrol some of their borders

    > >http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20827834.300-intruders-beware-a...
    > >Provided the route they need to check is well defined with no
    > >surprises, these devices do a reliable job

    > I can only read the preview.  It wants me to subscribe to see the whole article.
    >
    > The US attack and reconnaissance aircraft drone program is doing some pretty
    > wild things.  Imagine going to work in Virginia, and your job is to fly a drone
    > 1/2 way around the globe looking for targets, and the capability to kill it if
    > ordered.
    >
    > What happens when/if the drones gets AI programming to be 100% autonomous?  That
    > is some scary stuff.

    In many ways it's already here. Launch a surface to air or air to air
    missile and it will take it from there.

    Next step load the missiles on a drone and program it to launch under
    the right conditions. You don't need AI for this.

    Coming soon if we want them; an autonomous drone programed to fly to a
    certain area and launch a missile if a red VW pulls up to the right
    address. We have the technology now but keep people in the loop for
    safety reasons.

    Ozark

    Ozark, Nov 25, 2010