    cut video to several files.
    Best regards,
    Dmitry

    D, Oct 9, 2008

  2. Re: How to cut a video file in silent or dark scenes to smaller filesfor converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?

    On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > cut video to several files.
    > Best regards,
    > Dmitry

    Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    Quicktime Pro ($30).

    Jan

    Jan McLaughlin, Oct 10, 2008

  3. D

    D Guest

    On Oct 10, 3:53 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > > cut video to several files.
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dmitry

    > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > Quicktime Pro ($30).
    >
    > Jan

    Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files?
    Regards,
    Dmitry

    D, Oct 10, 2008
  4. D

    D Guest

    Re: How to cut a video file in silent or dark scenes to smaller filesfor converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?

    On Oct 10, 3:53 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > > cut video to several files.
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dmitry

    > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > Quicktime Pro ($30).
    >
    > Jan

    Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files to smaller files,
    not trim video?
    Regards,
    Dmitry

    D, Oct 11, 2008
  5. Re: How to cut a video file in silent or dark scenes to smaller filesfor converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?

    On Oct 10, 10:47 am, D <> wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 3:53 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:

    > > > Hello!
    > > > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > > > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > > > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > > > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > > > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > > > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > > > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > > > cut video to several files.
    > > > Best regards,
    > > > Dmitry

    > > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > > Quicktime Pro ($30).

    > > Jan

    > Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    > What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files?
    > Regards,
    > Dmitry

    Quicktime Pro can cut all the file types you list, though I'm not sure
    about AVC. Never heard of that video type.

    Open the file in QT Pro, use the timeline sliders to select in and out
    points.

    'Edit' --> 'Trim to Selection'

    'File' --> Export --> Movie to 3g

    Very basic editing to be sure, but 'basic' sounds like what you need.

    Jan

    Jan McLaughlin, Oct 12, 2008
  6. Re: How to cut a video file in silent or dark scenes to smaller filesfor converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?

    On Oct 11, 12:11 am, D <> wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 3:53 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:

    > > > Hello!
    > > > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > > > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > > > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > > > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > > > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > > > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > > > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > > > cut video to several files.
    > > > Best regards,
    > > > Dmitry

    > > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > > Quicktime Pro ($30).

    > > Jan

    > Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    > What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files to smaller files,
    > not trim video?
    > Regards,
    > Dmitry

    Are you talking about compression settings here?

    Are you asking how to make a 64MB file into a 3MB file?

    Please provide more specifics, including perhaps sending a link to one
    of the files you want to compress and let me have a look at it.

    Also include what OS and shooting hardware you're using.

    Jan

    Jan McLaughlin, Oct 12, 2008
  7. D

    D Guest

    On Oct 12, 5:43 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    > On Oct 11, 12:11 am, D <> wrote:

    > > > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > > > Quicktime Pro ($30).

    > > > Jan

    > > Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    > > What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files to smaller files,
    > > not trim video?
    > > Regards,
    > > Dmitry

    > Are you talking about compression settings here?
    >
    > Are you asking how to make a 64MB file into a 3MB file?
    >
    > Please provide more specifics, including perhaps sending a link to one
    > of the files you want to compress and let me have a look at it.
    >
    > Also include what OS and shooting hardware you're using.
    >
    > Jan- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Jan for replying!
    Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    thus rewinds it to the beginning. Therefore, I need to cut 3gp files
    to part files to be able to jump to a next part file instead of the
    fast forward. How to cut a mpeg4, H.264 and 3gp video files in silent
    or dark scenes to smaller files without complete recompression, with
    only border group of pictures recompression?
    Best regards,
    Dmitry

    D, Oct 12, 2008
  8. Re: How to cut a video file in silent or dark scenes to smaller filesfor converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?

    I've got a really easy solution, and hopefully it will get you off this
    particular forum (ramps).....

    Give it to someone that knows what they are doing....

    There....simple huh?

    Martin H

    On 13/10/08 12:43 AM, in article
    , "Jan

    Martin Harrington, Oct 12, 2008
  9. D

    D Guest

    On Oct 12, 5:40 pm, Jan McLaughlin <> wrote:
    > On Oct 10, 10:47 am, D <> wrote:

    > > > Get the video to your computer, edit, then export to 3gp from
    > > > Quicktime Pro ($30).

    > > > Jan

    > > Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    > > What tool can cut a H.264, AVC, mpeg4 and 3gp files?
    > > Regards,
    > > Dmitry

    > Quicktime Pro can cut all the file types you list, though I'm not sure
    > about AVC. Never heard of that video type.
    >
    > Open the file in QT Pro, use the timeline sliders to select in and out
    > points.
    >
    > 'Edit' --> 'Trim to Selection'
    >
    > 'File' --> Export --> Movie to 3g
    >
    > Very basic editing to be sure, but 'basic' sounds like what you need.
    >
    > Jan- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks Jan for your suggestion!
    'File' --> Export --> Movie to 3g reencodes all the video. TMPGEnc can
    cut-edit at least mpeg 2 files without a reencode. How to cut a
    mpeg4, H.264 and 3gp video files without complete recompression, with

    D, Oct 14, 2008
  10. D

    Guest

    On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:
    > Hello!
    > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > cut video to several files.
    > Best regards,
    > Dmitry

    Nokia's suck! Get an I-Phone if you want to watch video on your cell
    phone or just get an I-Pod that can play video. If you must go the
    3gp route get WinFF from http://www.winff.org. It is a (free) GUI for
    the ffmpeg program (also free) that makes perfect 3gp files from any
    video format you can throw at it. I made a 3gp of a 2 hour xvid Dark
    Night avi file and played it on my Samsun Katalyst in it's original
    aspect ratio.

    , Oct 16, 2008
  11. D

    D Guest

    On Oct 16, 6:49 pm, wrote:
    > On Oct 9, 5:17 pm, D <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello!
    > > Nokia 6280 mobile phone and some others cannot fast forward a video
    > > file or goto a position. An incoming sms stops, not pauses, a video,
    > > thus rewinds it to the beginning.
    > > How to cut a mpeg4 or H.264 video file in silent or dark scenes to
    > > smaller files for converting it to 3gp files for a mobile phone?
    > > erightsoft Super 2008 build 33 stretches a video to a phone display
    > > aspect ratio neglecting set 16:9 aspect ratio and does not allow to
    > > cut video to several files.
    > > Best regards,
    > > Dmitry

    > Nokia's suck! Get an I-Phone if you want to watch video on your cell
    > phone or just get an I-Pod that can play video.  If you must go the
    > 3gp route get WinFF fromhttp://www.winff.org.  It is a (free) GUI for
    > the ffmpeg program (also free) that makes perfect 3gp files from any
    > video format you can throw at it.  I made a 3gp of a 2 hour xvid Dark
    > Night avi file and played it on my Samsun Katalyst in it's original
    > aspect ratio.

    Thanks!
    Can WinFF cut 3gp file to part files without a complete reencode?
    Regards,
    Dmitry

    D, Oct 20, 2008