    question will not play back a CD-R disc even if the format on the disc is a
    video CD. What would I need to do in order to burn the mpeg files on a a
    DVD?

    Charlie Brookhart, Jan 17, 2005

  2. Charlie Brookhart

    Bill Guest

    >I have a few mpeg files that I want to make into a video cd, and have this
    > cd play back on a DVD player. One DVD player that I tired the video cd on
    > would not work. I created a video cd using a CD-R disc. The dvd player in
    > question will not play back a CD-R disc even if the format on the disc is
    > video CD. What would I need to do in order to burn the mpeg files on a a
    > DVD?

    Of course, you'll need a DVD burner if you don't have one already. Any good
    DVD burner that's purchased at a retail outlet should include the basic
    software that you would need.

    If you already have a DVD burner, but not the software, Ulead Video Studio 8
    is a product that I've been pleased with overall. A fully functional 30 day
    trial version can be downloaded at:

    http://www.ulead.com/vs/runme.htm

    Bill, Jan 17, 2005

  3. Charlie Brookhart wrote:
    > I have a few mpeg files that I want to make into a video cd, and have this
    > cd play back on a DVD player. One DVD player that I tired the video cd on
    > would not work. I created a video cd using a CD-R disc. The dvd player in
    > question will not play back a CD-R disc even if the format on the disc is a
    > video CD.

    One thing to try is a couple other CD-R brands; actually you may have
    better luck with CD-RW. I don't know which DVD player you used, but
    most XBoxes can't read CD-R but CD-RW works. Also make sure the MPEG
    you burned is VCD compliant, I believe programs like Nero take care of
    this for you, but not just any MPEG will work.

    > What would I need to do in order to burn the mpeg files on a DVD?

    You will want a DVD burner, but I recommend checking out dvdrhelp.com to
    see which type of media (DVD-R, DVD+R, etc.) your DVD player will accept
    first.

    Nicholas Andrade, Jan 18, 2005