How to Covert Linksys WRTP54G router into Access Point

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by NW Technicals, Aug 13, 2006.

  1. Can you point me to any article on how to do it.

    Thanks

    NW Technicals, Aug 13, 2006

  2. NW Technicals

    Big Spender Guest

    It is real easy.
    All that I did was turn off DNS. I also gave it a different IP address
    because it had the same address as my regular router. I did all this by
    connecting the router to my computer without the network. I made the changes
    and then wired the wireless router into my network.

    Cal

    Big Spender, Aug 14, 2006

  3. NW Technicals

    Lem Guest

    Big Spender wrote:
    > It is real easy.
    > All that I did was turn off DNS. I also gave it a different IP address
    > because it had the same address as my regular router. I did all this by
    > connecting the router to my computer without the network. I made the changes
    > and then wired the wireless router into my network.
    >
    > Cal
    >

    > "NW Technicals" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Can you point me to any article on how to do it.
    >>
    >>Thanks

    Cal means that he turned off DHCP (not DNS).

    Lem, Aug 14, 2006
  4. Hi
    May be this can Help.
    Using Wireless Cable/DSL as an Access Point,
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 14, 2006