    wireless networking and internet information from one of the existing
    systems. I had someone helping me last time. I have a USB flash drive.
    That is what he used. Please help. Thank you.
    =?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=, Oct 11, 2006

  2. Hi
    It takes few minutes to do it manually.
    When you are configuring manually you acquire the knowledge to deal with
    future trouble (if any).
    However if USB drive is your way,
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/learnmore/bowman_05june13.mspx
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 11, 2006

  3. Thank you for your prompt reply Jack. Either I'm confused or I presented my
    problem incorrectly. I will go into greater detail.

    I have two systems that can currently access the internet. However they are
    not networked together as a workgroup. They only access the router for
    internet usage. After I get the wireless up and running I definitely want to
    network them and share some files for sure!

    System #1 uses a D-Link DWL-G520. #2 uses the DWL-G132. The router is the
    DI-624 (no USB though). I also use an antenna ANT24-0700 if it makes any
    difference. #3 uses a DWL-G520 also. It lost it's hard drive today so I
    replaced it and did a fresh XP PRO SP2 install. That's as far as I got since
    there is no internet connection.

    What I need to do is copy the wireless settings off of one of the existing
    computer onto it so that I can access the internet then configure the network.

    Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=, Oct 11, 2006
  4. I welcome any further input.

    Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?QnVsbHNoYXJr?=, Oct 11, 2006