    YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone does it,
    but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    EW
    ELW, Mar 20, 2009

  2. ELW

    Mike Easter Guest

    ELW wrote:
    > This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste
    > a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone
    > does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    I think you should define and understand exactly what you are trying to
    do; whatever it is you (think you) want to do; what you may not
    understand that you don't want to do.

    The wise move would be to put a link to the YouTube, not 'sequester' (copy
    and provide to the public from your site) someone else's multimedia file.

    If you 'steal' the YouTube file and it turns out to be popularly accessed
    from your website by tens or hundreds of thousands of people, then you are
    going to be paying all of that gigabyte freight to your site provider for
    the bandwidth being used for the numerous downloads of the fat file. You
    will also be subject to whoever wants to argue with you (as in sue) about
    whether or not you had any right to steal the file.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Mar 20, 2009

  3. ELW

    thanatoid Guest

    "ELW" <> wrote in

    > This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one
    > copy and paste a YouTube video onto a personal web site or
    > Internet blog? Everyone does it, but me, duh. Please
    > comment. Thanks.

    Highlight the address in your browser's address bar (smth. like
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlYFORInlQ4)
    and press CTL-C.

    (Right-clicking and choosing "copy link/address" or "save
    link/address" may or may not work depending on where your mouse
    is at the moment and on your highlighting skills...)

    Enter the exact same address wherever by pressing CTL-V.

    Until youTube stops people from hotlinking, it should work.

    --
    "Who knows what the OP is talking about?"
    (about thanatoid)
    thanatoid, Mar 21, 2009
  4. ELW

    ELW Guest

    "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message

    > The wise move would be to put a link to the YouTube, not 'sequester' (copy
    > and provide to the public from your site) someone else's multimedia file.

    Thanks Mike. I tried Ctrl C, Ctrl V as recommended by sittingduck and
    no-go. But your suggestion is fine.

    EW
    ELW, Mar 21, 2009
  5. ELW

    sittingduck Guest

    ELW wrote:

    > This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste
    > a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone
    > does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V works perfectly.

    --
    http://improve-usenet.org
    No passion so effectually robs the mind of all its powers of acting and
    sittingduck, Mar 21, 2009
  6. ELW wrote:

    > This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and
    > paste a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog?

    They give you a link to copy right on the Youtube page where you first
    went to view it. It's over to the right of the movie, both an http link
    and embed code. How hard was that?

    > Everyone does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    Not everyone...

    --
    -bts
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 21, 2009
  7. ELW

    Shel-hed Guest

    Shel-hed, Mar 21, 2009
  8. ELW

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:57:59 -0400, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Not exactly correct dumbass.

    Reread the question and the answer, dumbass.
    Evan Platt, Mar 21, 2009
  9. ELW

    sittingduck Guest

    sittingduck, Mar 21, 2009
  10. "Mike Easter" <> wrote in message
    > ELW wrote:
    >> This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste
    >> a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone
    >> does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    > I think you should define and understand exactly what you are trying to
    > do; whatever it is you (think you) want to do; what you may not
    > understand that you don't want to do.

    I know you think you understand what you thought he said, but what I'm not
    sure about is that what you heard isn't exactly what he meant.

    J¡m ßéâñ, Mar 21, 2009
  11. ELW

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:08:16 -0500, "ELW" <> wrote:

    >This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste a
    >YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone does it,
    >but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    You cant, but you can use the link provided to embed it.

    >EW

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Mar 21, 2009
  12. ELW

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 20:57:59 -0400, richard <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 16:53:04 -0700, "Mike Easter" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>ELW wrote:
    >>> This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste
    >>> a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone
    >>> does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    >>I think you should define and understand exactly what you are trying to
    >>do; whatever it is you (think you) want to do; what you may not
    >>understand that you don't want to do.
    >>
    >>The wise move would be to put a link to the YouTube, not 'sequester' (copy
    >>and provide to the public from your site) someone else's multimedia file.
    >>
    >>If you 'steal' the YouTube file and it turns out to be popularly accessed
    >>from your website by tens or hundreds of thousands of people, then you are
    >>going to be paying all of that gigabyte freight to your site provider for
    >>the bandwidth being used for the numerous downloads of the fat file. You
    >>will also be subject to whoever wants to argue with you (as in sue) about
    >>whether or not you had any right to steal the file.

    >Not exactly correct dumbass.
    >What you get from youtube is the swf file. NOT the entire movie.
    >Then, as it is streaming video, your bandwidth is NOT effected.

    Your ISP effects your bandwith but you can affect the available by
    streaming a file, dumbass.

    >As I have asked my host this question, they told me that as long as
    >the oiriginal file is not on my site, my bandwidth is not used.

    >As for file use legal stuff, you'd need to consult a copyright
    >attorney to know for sure. But as I see it, once you put it on
    >youtube, you have more or less placed in "public domain" which makes
    >it available to anyone for any purpose.

    Barry
    =====
    Barry OGrady, Mar 21, 2009
  13. ELW

    ELW Guest

    "Shel-hed" <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 20 Mar 2009 18:08:16 -0500, "ELW" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste a
    >>YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone does
    >>it,
    >>but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.
    >>
    >>EW

    > http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=57788

    That did it, despite all the chatter above. Thanks a bunch!

    EW
    ELW, Mar 21, 2009
  14. "ELW" <> wrote in message
    > This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste a
    > YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone does
    > it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.
    >
    > EW

    There is an option in the youtube movie window itself, to "embed".
    That's a few lines of code but just copy and paste that.
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 21, 2009
  15. sittingduck wrote:
    > ELW wrote:
    >
    >> This "may" be off-topic here (or not?), but how does one copy and paste
    >> a YouTube video onto a personal web site or Internet blog? Everyone
    >> does it, but me, duh. Please comment. Thanks.

    > Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V works perfectly.

    Heres how I would do it: print Screen...then load that image to yer site
    and when people try and play it they'll be all "d00d the videoeo wont
    play!!!"
    And you could be all "ZOMG! you gots the virus! Pay me 4309823 dollars
    and I'll fix yuor computer!"

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com
    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 21, 2009
  16. ELW

    thanatoid Guest

    thanatoid <> wrote in

    > Until youTube stops people from hotlinking, it should work.

    Correction, what I described is NOT hot linking, and it DOES
    seem everyone is doing it, besides Google owns uT now and they
    can afford the bandwidth even if people DID find a way to
    hotlink without going to the uT page itself which Google
    apparently loves.

    thanatoid, Mar 22, 2009