    Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
    level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.
    Thanks so much for any help you can give me, in advance.
    Ninip, Jul 14, 2004

  2. Ninip

    SwissTony Guest

    "Ninip" <> wrote in message
    news:QSbJc.19768$ek5.16436@pd7tw2no...
    > Hi
    > I am new to this mp3 player thing.
    > Question is I want to buy a mp3 player only not with cd player. I want to
    > use it for jogging.
    > Which software program can I use to copy songs from my cd's to the player.
    > I want to be able to put cd in my cd drawer and tell it to copy to my
    > player. Is this possible to be this simple? I am running Windows ME.
    > Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
    > level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.
    > Thanks so much for any help you can give me, in advance.

    http://www.mp3-converter.com/audio_cd_ripper.htm

    that will create the mp3s from ur cd.
    There will probably be some software that comes with mp3 players, which will
    allow you to copy from ur pc to mp3 player.
    SwissTony, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Ninip

    Ninip Guest

    Hi
    I think people are not understanding me, probably my fault.
    Anyways I do not want to burn a cd.
    I just want to put a cd in my drive and then directly copy the songs to a
    mp3 player. Is this possible as a one step procedure?
    Thanks

    Ninip, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Ninip

    SwissTony Guest

    "Ninip" <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > I think people are not understanding me, probably my fault.
    > Anyways I do not want to burn a cd.
    > I just want to put a cd in my drive and then directly copy the songs to a
    > mp3 player. Is this possible as a one step procedure?
    > Thanks

    It may be possible with the software that may come with your pc.
    If not then its not possible in 1 step.
    Maybe 2 or 3 steps.

    1st step. rip the tracks from cd to your hard drive.
    2nd step copy them to your mp3 player.

    The software i suggested, may be able to rip straight to the mp3 player.
    It all depends on how the mp3 player is accessed by the pc
    SwissTony, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Ninip

    Max Guest

    In article <QSbJc.19768$ek5.16436@pd7tw2no>, Ninip <>
    wrote:

    > Question is I want to buy a mp3 player only not with cd player. I want to
    > use it for jogging.

    If you can imagine that you ONLY want it for jogging, you have a very
    wide selection.
    If you think using it there might get you to use it more other places,
    then you are going to want more storage, and that limits the good
    players pretty quickly.

    > Which software program can I use to copy songs from my cd's to the player.

    Don't do this before you select the player. You might not be able to
    use the program that you like.
    Instead, after you have decided on a player, find out which programs it
    can be used with, and choose from those.

    > I want to be able to put cd in my cd drawer and tell it to copy to my
    > player. Is this possible to be this simple?

    It's pretty close.
    But I think you are going to start mixing the tracks, like most of us
    do, so you also need to consider that you are going to store the music
    in the program's library as you go along.

    > I am running Windows ME.
    > Also anyone recommend a good reasonably priced player with a loud volume
    > level. Because of traffic I need to be able to hear the music.

    I think this is mostly a headphone issue. There are various models that
    have a noise-cancellation feature. That should take care of that.

    Some come with a radio built in. You should decide if that is a feature
    you would like. If you do, I always liked the iRiver packages.
    But iRiver players didn't have a memory slot to add more, so consider
    how much data-switching you want to accept.
    I am not very happy with my mini-CD player. It's bulky and runs through
    batteries and discs too quickly.
    If you want the ultimate, go right to the iPod or mini-iPod. I still
    haven't seen a player that compares.
    Max, Jul 14, 2004