    What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd on my
    pc?
    Thanks.

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 10, 2004

  2. OrmesbyJohn

    Sunny Guest

    "OrmesbyJohn" <> wrote in message
    news:cco500$oa8$...
    > I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    > What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd on

    my
    > pc?
    > Thanks.

    Info available here :
    http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm

    Sunny, Jul 10, 2004

  3. OrmesbyJohn

    OrmesbyJohn Guest

    "Sunny" <> wrote in message

    > "OrmesbyJohn" <> wrote in message
    > > I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    > > What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd

    on
    > my
    > > pc?
    > > Thanks.

    > Info available here :
    > http://www.gmayor.com/copy_vinyl_to_CDR.htm

    ------------------------
    Excellent - TVM.

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 10, 2004
  4. OrmesbyJohn

    Linda Guest

    OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    > I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    > What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd on my
    > pc?
    > Thanks.

    Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker. There's
    a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the recordings up.

    Linda, Jul 10, 2004
  5. OrmesbyJohn

    ProfGene Guest

    You need a patch cord with RCA plugs at one end and an eighth inch stereo at
    the other. Run the RCA plugs from the audio out of your stereo deck to the
    line in of your soundcard. You will then need a program like Cooledit to
    record the tape into a wave format. You have many editing features to slice
    the tape into any sections you want or edit the volume or other features of
    the sound before you save it as a wave to burn to a cd.

    ProfGene, Jul 10, 2004
  6. OrmesbyJohn

    OrmesbyJohn Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    > > I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    > > What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd

    on my
    > > pc?
    > > Thanks.
    > >

    > Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    > your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    > Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    > your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker. There's
    > a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the recordings up.

    ---------------------------------
    Ref "shit load of audio editing apps on the net"...which (free ones!) do you
    recommend/are thought to be the best?

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 10, 2004
  7. OrmesbyJohn

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    >| OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    >| > I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    >| > What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape
    >| > onto Cd on my pc?
    >| > Thanks.
    >| >

    >| Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    >| your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    >| Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    >| your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker.
    >| There's a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the
    >| recordings up.

    Rather than using Movie Maker, you can record with MusicMatch. Set the input
    to "Line", start the record process, start the tape. At the end of the song,
    stop the record, stop the tape. Do it again for the next song, etc. You can
    edit the artist, title, tracknumber, etc., right in MusicMatch.

    Coming off of tape, recording in MP3 at 128 to 160 is probably fine.

    Then, when you have the songs you want ready, use MusicMatch to burn them to
    a CD. So one program does it all.

    There are other programs that do all the same functions - but MusicMatch is
    the one I'm most familiar with. Other programs are available for each
    specific task too - rippers, editors, and burners. It depends on how much
    time you want to spend on the project.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Jul 10, 2004
  8. OrmesbyJohn

    OrmesbyJohn Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > >| >

    > >| Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    > >| your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    > >| Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    > >| your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker.
    > >| There's a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the
    > >| recordings up.

    > Rather than using Movie Maker, you can record with MusicMatch. Set the

    input
    > to "Line", start the record process, start the tape. At the end of the

    song,
    > stop the record, stop the tape. Do it again for the next song, etc. You

    can
    > edit the artist, title, tracknumber, etc., right in MusicMatch.
    >
    > Coming off of tape, recording in MP3 at 128 to 160 is probably fine.
    >
    > Then, when you have the songs you want ready, use MusicMatch to burn them

    > a CD. So one program does it all.
    >
    > There are other programs that do all the same functions - but MusicMatch

    is
    > the one I'm most familiar with. Other programs are available for each
    > specific task too - rippers, editors, and burners. It depends on how much
    > time you want to spend on the project.

    ---------------
    OK, TVM - I'll give MM a go.

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 10, 2004
  9. OrmesbyJohn

    Linda Guest

    OrmesbyJohn wrote:

    > "Linda" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    >>
    >>>I have a couple of tapes I play on portable music centre.
    >>>What's the best way to arrange to burn the songs from the tape onto Cd

    > on my
    >
    >>>pc?
    >>>Thanks.
    >>>

    >>Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    >>your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    >>Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    >>your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker. There's
    >>a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the recordings up.

    > ---------------------------------
    > Ref "shit load of audio editing apps on the net"...which (free ones!) do you
    > recommend/are thought to be the best?

    Sorry, that was a rather poor choice of words. I did that a lot yesterday.
    What i had in mind was Blaze Audio, Blaze have a range of apps on their
    home site http://www.blazeaudio.com/, it's not free but the 15 day trial
    version maybe long enough if you're not making a career out of it.
    Nero 6.0 & later also has an audio editor function. Be careful with that
    one if you try it. It cleaned up a taped mp3 file so well i can here the
    sprockets on my tape player in the background.

    Linda, Jul 11, 2004
  10. OrmesbyJohn

    OrmesbyJohn Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    >
    > > "Linda" <> wrote in message

    > > on my

    > >>Buy/make a patch lead with 3.5mm plugs on each end. Use it to connect
    > >>your walkman headphone socket to your sound card's line-in socket.
    > >>Configure any settings that need to be make for your sound card, play
    > >>your tape on the walkman & record it using windows movie maker. There's
    > >>a shit load of audio editing apps on the net to tidy the recordings up.

    > > ---------------------------------
    > > Ref "shit load of audio editing apps on the net"...which (free ones!) do

    you
    > > recommend/are thought to be the best?
    > >

    > Sorry, that was a rather poor choice of words. I did that a lot yesterday.
    > What i had in mind was Blaze Audio, Blaze have a range of apps on their
    > home site http://www.blazeaudio.com/, it's not free but the 15 day trial
    > version maybe long enough if you're not making a career out of it.
    > Nero 6.0 & later also has an audio editor function. Be careful with that
    > one if you try it. It cleaned up a taped mp3 file so well i can here the
    > sprockets on my tape player in the background.

    ----------------
    That's ok, Linda...I know what you American ladies are like for expletives
    :)
    Thanks for the link - very useful.
    John.

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 11, 2004
  11. OrmesbyJohn

    Linda Guest

    OrmesbyJohn wrote:

    > "Linda" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Linda" <> wrote in message

    >>>on my

    >>>---------------------------------
    >>>Ref "shit load of audio editing apps on the net"...which (free ones!) do

    > you
    >
    >>>recommend/are thought to be the best?
    >>>

    >>Sorry, that was a rather poor choice of words. I did that a lot yesterday.
    >>What i had in mind was Blaze Audio, Blaze have a range of apps on their
    >>home site http://www.blazeaudio.com/, it's not free but the 15 day trial
    >>version maybe long enough if you're not making a career out of it.
    >>Nero 6.0 & later also has an audio editor function. Be careful with that
    >>one if you try it. It cleaned up a taped mp3 file so well i can here the
    >>sprockets on my tape player in the background.

    > ----------------
    > That's ok, Linda...I know what you American ladies are like for expletives
    > :)
    > Thanks for the link - very useful.
    > John.

    I'm Australian.

    Linda, Jul 11, 2004
  12. OrmesbyJohn

    OrmesbyJohn Guest

    "Linda" <> wrote in message
    > OrmesbyJohn wrote:
    >
    > > "Linda" <> wrote in message

    Cd

    There's

    up.

    do

    > > you

    > >>Sorry, that was a rather poor choice of words. I did that a lot

    yesterday.
    > >>What i had in mind was Blaze Audio, Blaze have a range of apps on their
    > >>home site http://www.blazeaudio.com/, it's not free but the 15 day trial
    > >>version maybe long enough if you're not making a career out of it.
    > >>Nero 6.0 & later also has an audio editor function. Be careful with that
    > >>one if you try it. It cleaned up a taped mp3 file so well i can here the
    > >>sprockets on my tape player in the background.

    > > ----------------
    > > That's ok, Linda...I know what you American ladies are like for

    expletives
    > > :)
    > > Thanks for the link - very useful.
    > > John.
    > >

    > I'm Australian.

    --------------
    Oops, sorry Linda.
    We are tripping to Au next year - never been before...looking forward to
    it - not sure what to expect. Our niece is there just now - having a whale
    of a time by all accounts - year out after Uni. We go to Melbourne, Sidney,
    Cairns, Alice Springs, Perth, Singapore.
    Regards,
    John

    OrmesbyJohn, Jul 11, 2004
  13. OrmesbyJohn