    gibberish appears on opening.

    How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Sep 23, 2004

  2. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Brian Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> schrieb im
    Newsbeitrag news:sxI4d.1383$...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
    > gibberish appears on opening.
    >
    > How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    so what is the "exact" extension of that file? what twain drivers/software
    are you using? which OS do you have? what are you trying to open it with?
    have you tried "save as".....jpeg? not much info there...

    Brian, Sep 24, 2004

  3. Hi,

    I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Sep 24, 2004
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    samuel Guest

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.
    >
    > Rajinder
    >
    > "Brian" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <>
    >> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg
    >> > format but a gibberish appears on opening.
    >> >
    >> > How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >> >
    >> > Rajinder
    >> >

    >> so what is the "exact" extension of that file? what twain
    >> drivers/software are you using? which OS do you have? what are
    >> you trying to open it with? have you tried "save as".....jpeg?
    >> not much info there...

    still not enough information

    try here http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/index.asp

    samuel, Sep 24, 2004
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Spike Guest

    In my case I use the "Photo Recall" software
    which came with my HP printer. I simply load
    the image into the "darkroom" feature, and then
    can save it in several formats including "JPEG"
    among others.

    Spike, Sep 24, 2004
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Joel Rubin Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 22:57:28 GMT, "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
    >gibberish appears on opening.
    >
    >How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >
    >Rajinder

    Doesn't your scanner software offer the option of saving a scanned
    image as a jpg? Try looking at your scanner manufacturers' website.

    Would IrfanView (irfanview.com, free for personal use) do what you
    want? It can do some format conversions.

    Joel Rubin, Sep 24, 2004
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Voltardo Guest

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
    > gibberish appears on opening.
    >
    > How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >
    > Rajinder

    See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
    the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
    the same query in one/two days.

    Voltardo, Sep 24, 2004
  8. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:49:30 -0400, Voltardo wrote:

    >Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
    >> gibberish appears on opening.
    >>
    >> How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >>
    >> Rajinder
    >>

    >See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
    >the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
    >the same query in one/two days.

    Newbie to 24hshd are you :) Try looking at the OP's posting history
    it's the same again and again and again and everytime without end.

    Me

    why?, Sep 24, 2004
  9. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Voltardo Guest

    why? wrote:
    > On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 21:49:30 -0400, Voltardo wrote:
    >

    >>Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi,
    >>>
    >>>I scanned a picture but the scanned picture is not in jpg format but a
    >>>gibberish appears on opening.
    >>>
    >>>How do you save the scanned image in jpg format please?
    >>>
    >>>Rajinder
    >>>

    >>See responses to this same question you received a few threads ago, post
    >>the information requested if you want a reply. btw, once is enough for
    >>the same query in one/two days.

    > Newbie to 24hshd are you :) Try looking at the OP's posting history
    > it's the same again and again and again and everytime without end.
    >
    > Me

    Yes, but only on this ng. I have observed his posting history here and
    you are right on.

    Voltardo, Sep 24, 2004
  10. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Mistoffolees Guest

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I used Win98SE. I scanned it on Cannon MP printer.

    As noted elsewhere, not enough information. If the Canon
    MP was properly installed along with its software, then
    there should have been a bundled program that can be run
    to convert the image from its "native" format into *.jpg
    or some other picture format. That program might be a
    limited version of Adobe Photoshop or something similar.

    Mistoffolees, Sep 24, 2004
  11. hi,

    The problem was solved when I opened the scanned file and saved it as
    ..jpeg file.

    Thanks.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Sep 25, 2004