How To: Convert (rip) DVD movies to iPhone(iPod)?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by zbusoft@gmail.com, Dec 8, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Choosing a conversion tool
    There are many video conversion tools that are capable of converting
    DVD video to iPhone(iPod)format. Many of them are general purpose
    toolkits that can convert almost any kind of video to almost any other
    format. Some of them are good tools, but they make the process a bit
    complicated.

    Some conversion tools also perform the conversion in two stages. They
    rip the video to an uncompressed video (usually AVI format) and then
    convert the AVI video to the MP4 format used by your iPod. This takes
    twice as long, and also requires a lot more disk space, since the AVI
    file produced by the first stage of the conversion is much larger than
    the final output.

    We recommend that you use the DVD to iPhone(iPod)Converter. This tool
    has been specifically created to rip DVD videos to iPhone(iPod)
    format. It is easy to use and converts the video in a single pass,
    ready for upload to your iPhone(iPod).

    You can download it from:
    http://www.zbusoft.com

    Step 1: Start the software
    Start DVD to iPhone(iPod)Converter.
    The software displays a Quick Guide, which shows how easy the
    conversion process is.

    Step 2: Start the movie
    Load the DVD movie into your DVD player, then press and hold the Shift
    key. (This will stop Windows launching the default DVD player). When
    the disc is loaded, click Open DVD in DVD to iPod Converter. This will
    open a dialog box:

    where you must specify where the DVD video files are stored. Usually,
    this is in a folder named VIDEO_TS in the root folder of the DVD.
    Select this folder and click OK. The video will start to play, and the
    software will fast forward it to the main menu.

    Step 3: Select the content
    Using the DVD menu, select what you want to record. You use the mouse
    to select items from the menu, just as you would when playing the
    movie on a DVD player. You can select subtitles, or a different
    language soundtrack, if you want. If the DVD contains several episodes
    of a TV series, you can select the episode you want to record.

    When you select an episode, or the start of the movie, it will start
    to play, just as it would when playing the movie on a DVD player.
    Click Convert. This will start the recording process, just like
    pressing the record button on a video recorder. A dialog box will
    appear:

    You can use this dialog to change the name if you wish. This will only
    affect the filename of the converted video file, so you can change it
    later using Windows Explorer if you want.

    Step 4: Start the recording
    By default, DVD to iPhone(iPod)Converter will record from the
    beginning of the movie. The option Record from the beginning in the
    dialog box shown above will be checked. But you can also choose to
    record from the current time. This allows you to use the DVD fast
    forward and back controls to locate a part of the movie you would like
    to record, and then record and convert a clip.

    Normally, you will just click Yes to record the whole movie. DVD to
    iPhone(iPod)Converter will skip back to the start of the movie (in
    case you missed a few seconds) and then start to record.

    Depending on the speed of your computer, the video may be played
    faster than real time during the conversion. You will not hear any
    sound. If the conversion seems slow, then your computer is not very
    fast.

    Step 5: Uploading the movie to your iPhone(iPod)
    When the recording is finished, DVD to iPhone(iPod)Converter will
    display another dialog box. You will also see this dialog box if you
    stop the recording by clicking Abort.
    Select one of the two options and click Next >>. DVD to
    iPhone(iPod)Converter will open the output folder in Windows Explorer,
    and you should see an MP4 file there, containing your converted video.
    If you chose the second option, DVD to iPhone(iPod)Converter will also
    have opened iTunes, ready for you to upload the DVD video to your
    iPhone(iPod). It's that simple!

    Download a free trial of DVD to iPhone(iPod) Converter now!
    http://www.zbusoft.com

    , Dec 8, 2007

  2. Yes Baby Guest

    or cucusoft which is far easier.

    Yes Baby, Dec 8, 2007

  3. Sandysmith87 Guest

    On Dec 7, 6:19 pm, wrote:
> [...]
    > case you missed a few seconds) and then start to record.
    >
    > Depending on the speed of your computer, thevideomay be played
    > faster than real time during the conversion. You will not hear any
    > sound. If the conversion seems slow, then your computer is not very
    > fast.
    >
    > Step 5: Uploading the movie to youriPhone(iPod)
    > When the recording is finished, DVD toiPhone(iPod)Converter will
    > display another dialog box. You will also see this dialog box if you
    > stop the recording by clicking Abort.
    > Select one of the two options and click Next >>. DVD toiPhone(iPod)Converter will open the output folder in Windows Explorer,
    > and you should see an MP4 file there, containing your convertedvideo.
    > If you chose the second option, DVD toiPhone(iPod)Converter will also
    > have opened iTunes, ready for you to upload the DVDvideoto youriPhone(iPod). It's that simple!

    Just out of cursoity - would anyone watch a whole movie on the their
    iphone/iTouch.
    I can image watching a 5 minute clip

    Sandysmith87, Dec 18, 2007
  4. Jim Guest

    > Just out of cursoity - would anyone watch a whole movie on the their
    > iphone/iTouch.
    > I can image watching a 5 minute clip

    I have watched entire sitcoms, tv shows and movies on an ipod video, a zen
    m, and a zune while traveling on planes, trains and.....

    With a nice set of nr headphones the world goes away and enters that little
    screen.

    Jim, Dec 18, 2007
  5. Kevin Thomas Guest

    In article <47679eb6$0$8842$>, Jim wrote:

    > > Just out of cursoity - would anyone watch a whole movie on the their
    > > iphone/iTouch.
    > > I can image watching a 5 minute clip

    > I have watched entire sitcoms, tv shows and movies on an ipod video, a zen
    > m, and a zune while traveling on planes, trains and.....
    >
    > With a nice set of nr headphones the world goes away and enters that little
    > screen.

    I have an iPod Video which I used to watch a few videos... I was ok...
    But I bought an iPod Touch several months ago and it is sooo much
    better for watching videos. I actually prefer it to my TV.

    Kevin

    Kevin Thomas, Dec 18, 2007
  6. Guest

    , Dec 25, 2007
  7. rcmichelle

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    DVD Converter Suite

    you can search DVD Converter Suite on Google

    rcmichelle, Aug 10, 2010