how to convert ipod to dvd?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Eric, Feb 18, 2006.

  1. Eric

    Steve K. Guest

    Tonester wrote:
    > "Eric" <> wrote in message
    >> hi,
    >> Can anyone please help with how to convert ipod movies to dvd?
    >> I have downloaded some videos in ipod format but I want to burn them to
    >> dvd. I have googled, but all I can find is loads of information on
    >> converting to ipod format but not the other way. Any pointers to software
    >> that somone has found will be greatly appreciated.
    >> Regards

    > iPod uses a proprietary video format? Well that's stupid on Apple's part.
    > Why would they do that?

    MPEG-4 with the H.264 is a completely open standard format. It is the
    Fairplay DRM Apple adds to it that is proprietary. The same thing is
    done with WMV by Microsoft. You can't play WMV on a video iPod though.

    As for burning iTunes Music Store videos on a DVD - not gonna happen
    (without a hack that is)

    Here's a link straight from the keynote when it was announced....

    http://home.earthlink.net/~skellener/misc/noburning.jpg

    Steve K., Feb 20, 2006

  2. Eric

    Guest

    you may try the iPod MovieVideo Converter,maybe you can solve your
    problems.
    i hope it is useful to you.
    you can see more information from this link
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/

    , Feb 21, 2006

  3. Eric

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Those measurements were always somewhat subjective, so you often saw
    > a range of about 250 to 300+ for VHS.

    I've always seen VHS quoted as precisely 240 lines of resolution. Not
    sure about S-VHS though.

    Black Locust, Feb 21, 2006
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Biz wrote:
    >
    >> Higher than I thought...I thought LDs were supposed to be about 400 lines,
    >> so I assumed that S-VHS was lower....my LD player claims about 425 lines of
    >> resolution...

    >The LD player may be better than S-VHS. The measurements were highly
    >subjective and the manufacturers claims always inflated. Also varries
    >from machine to machine and tape quality.
    >
    >My take on it is:
    >VHS and 8mm 250 - 300
    >S-VHS & Hi-8 370 - 400+
    >LD (never had one, but they claim about 425)
    >BataCam 500

    >Digital video is standard ay 720 x 480, usually associated with a
    >camcorder however and limited by the camera on the front end.

    And on the demo tape that came with my ED-Beta, the test pattern
    [similar to the old Indian test pattern but with an oriental
    tiger in the center] looked to be about 525 lines.

    I could see the radial lines at the 500 line circle and they
    disappeared about 1/2 way to the 550 line circle - so I
    interpolated that as 525 lines.

    My Super-Beta I came in at right around 330 lines resolution.

    The SL-1000 had a 6Mhz bandwidth.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 21, 2006
  5. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >Biz wrote:
    >> Sorry, you are correct, brainfart here, but isnt VHS closer to 200 lines of
    >> resolution whereas S-VHS is around 300 or so lines of resolution making the
    >> numbers like 200x480, and 300x480?

    > Those measurements were always somewhat subjective, so you often saw
    >a range of about 250 to 300+ for VHS. S-VHS was usually listed in the
    >400s range and though I never worked with BetaCam, I believe they
    >claimed 500 or greater.

    I just checked my copy of "Magnetic Recording Handbook" by Marvin
    Camras and he shows VHS luminance at 270 lines, but chrominance
    at 230 lines. I always recalled seeing the VHS lower than that.

    I've had that book for a jillion years - and it's relatively rare
    and I always find something new in it.

    This time I ran across of chart depicting the wave-form output
    when MICR characters are read on check.

    If you want to know anything about magnetic recording, from
    forumulas [basic ones] to storage, through head design, etc., I
    highly recommend this book.

    It will probably only be found in libraries, as I've never found it
    used, and a search showed copies at 6 major Universities here in
    the state of Florida. It cost me about $85 in the late 1980s.

    Bill

    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Feb 21, 2006
  6. Eric

    Eric Guest

    Thanks all for replying.
    I guess from all this that its not worth it.
    I have found the the same files I need as torrents which are just 100meg
    bigger. I was trying to download the ipod version as it was smaller.
    Thanking you all
    bye

    Eric, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Eric

    soupdawg30

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    1
    I watch the movies I downloaded in itunes on a 21 inch computer monitor on full screen and it was fine. I would like to find something that would allow you to burn the movies to dvd.

    soupdawg30, Jul 20, 2006
  8. Eric

    david472g0

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    converting ipod to dvd

    it's easy ! you need a program call converX to DVD[vso] This will convert ipod movie to dvd . it converts the movie in real time so it take over a hour for most movie also it make converted movie 2x the size with multalbe file. when adding file to burn to disk each file will be a chap. on dvd it will play thought and if you jump ahead it jump by chap. good luck

    david472g0, Mar 7, 2009
  9. Eric

    cindylili

    Joined:
    Jun 24, 2009
    Messages:
    11
    Hi,

    All movie on iPod video are MP4 or MPEG-4. Allmost every total dvd creator software can get it done. Such as Wondershare Video to DVD Burner, Aimersoft DVD Creator, Xilisoft DVD Creator etc. Just choose your favourite.

    cindylili, Jun 24, 2009
  10. Eric

    timgarw

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    conver ipod to dvd,never know this ?

    timgarw, Oct 21, 2009
  11. Eric

    bently

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    What is best format to convert to if using Aimersoft Video Converter Ultimate? Going from iPod to what? I am ready to convert a whole series of TV programs that someone uploaded in iPod format and would like to watch these played on my stand alone DVD player to TV. Is it possible to convert to Xvid or Divx and if so, what settings do I use on this converting program as I have it installed now?

    Thanks

    bently, Jun 19, 2010
  12. Eric

    Rapid85

    Joined:
    Jul 6, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    I have compared different converters and I recommend MelodyCan.
    It converts music and movies, and also can remove drm protection. The converter is easy to install and use.

    Rapid85, Jul 6, 2010
  13. Eric

    rcmichelle

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2010
    Messages:
    4
    DVD Converter Suite

    you can search DVD Converter Suite on Google

    rcmichelle, Aug 10, 2010
  14. Eric

    Williams

    Joined:
    Nov 17, 2009
    Messages:
    25
    you can also convert video to DivX using macvide.com Macvide iPod Converter.And also many other formats.

    Williams, Aug 25, 2010
  15. Eric

    ronjohnston

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    To download a program that will convert and ipod video to DVD search sierra vista seventh-day adventist church once you find the site look at the navigator bar on the left you will see Jack Sequiera videos for Ipod, iphone, and ipad etc. There is a program that you can download on that page that convertes ipod to DVD. We upload video in ipad, iphone, ipod, android format its high quality we also provide customers with a program that will burn this file to DVD.

    We upload videos for companies that people download. Most all our videos are in ipad, iphone, itouch format and high quality. Speaker or presenters that wish to distribute their material rapidly use our service since it works on these devices plus can be burned to DVD.

    ronjohnston, Dec 18, 2010
  16. Eric

    ronjohnston

    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2010
    Messages:
    2
    We upload different companies videos to the internet they are uploaded in high quality ipad, iphone, itouch formats we provide with these uploads a program that will burn these files to DVD. This file format allows for rapid distribution of the companies videos. We are certified in final cut pro and we are also videographers. To see our work you can do a search on sierra vista seventh-day adventist church and look on the left navigator bar for Jack Sequiera and Samuel Bacchiocci we uploaded their presentation and provide a small program that burns these files to DVD. These speakers have been able to distribute their materials world wide rapidly this way. We can do the same for others.

    ronjohnston, Dec 18, 2010
  17. Eric

    leno

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    I suggest you can try M4V Converter Plus, it can burn all video format easily:bored:

    leno, May 28, 2013