    Can anyone help.

    Thanks

    Tim
    tim&, Feb 9, 2007

  2. tim&

    Doug G Guest

    tim& wrote:
    > I've finally had enough of Firefox. Just too exhausted to keep
    > dealing with all the missing plugins and all the settings that are far
    > too complicated to change. FIrefox is ok, but it's for someone that
    > enjoys tinkering with their computer all the time and someone that's
    > in the "computer geek" category. I am neither of these. I just want
    > to browse the web without interruption or having to be pestered with
    > plugins and stuff. I also find that FF does not always render web
    > pages correctly, which IE normally does.
    >
    > I know IE is a security risk, but it works and works well and easily.
    > That's all I want for a browser, and it looks like that is all I am
    > going to use from now on. Before I delete Firefox, I want to convert
    > all my favorites (bookmarks) to IE. I DO NOT want to over-write my IE
    > bookmarks though. Even if I was not planning to remove FF, I always
    > wanted to get ALL my bookmarks in one place so I did not have to open
    > both IE and FF to find a bookmark. I was always hoping there would be
    > a way to convert them to a HTML file that I could just click on and
    > have them all there, but I suppose thats not possible.
    >
    > Can anyone help.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Tim

    Firefox saves its bookmarks in a file named bookmarks.html in FF profile
    folder.

    Default Mozilla profile folder locations:
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html

    If you haven't told Windows to show hidden files and folders, see
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp
    Doug G, Feb 9, 2007

  3. tim&

    RichCI Guest

    On Feb 9, 9:41 am, tim& wrote:
    > I've finally had enough of Firefox. Just too exhausted to keep
    > dealing with all the missing plugins and all the settings that are far
    > too complicated to change. FIrefox is ok, but it's for someone that
    > enjoys tinkering with their computer all the time and someone that's
    > in the "computer geek" category. I am neither of these. I just want
    > to browse the web without interruption or having to be pestered with
    > plugins and stuff. I also find that FF does not always render web
    > pages correctly, which IE normally does.

    It's typically the other way around due to poor coding (IE is more
    forgiving when it comes to HTML errors and sloppy code) or choosing to
    use elements that are specific to only IE and no other browser, but
    I'll spare you the geeky rant. ;)

    > I know IE is a security risk, but it works and works well and easily.
    > That's all I want for a browser, and it looks like that is all I am
    > going to use from now on. Before I delete Firefox, I want to convert
    > all my favorites (bookmarks) to IE. I DO NOT want to over-write my IE
    > bookmarks though. Even if I was not planning to remove FF, I always
    > wanted to get ALL my bookmarks in one place so I did not have to open
    > both IE and FF to find a bookmark. I was always hoping there would be
    > a way to convert them to a HTML file that I could just click on and
    > have them all there, but I suppose thats not possible.

    Here is how you export FF's bookmarks to an HTML file:

    Click "Bookmarks" on the toolbar
    Click "Manage Bookmarks" and a new window will open
    In the new window, click "File" then "Export"
    In the dialog box that opens, select the location where you want to
    save the bookmarks.html file which contains all of your FF bookmarks

    Here is how to import the HTML file into IE 7:

    Click the icon that has a "+" and star that you use to add a web page
    to your favorites
    Click "Import/Export" and a dialog wizard will open
    Click Next
    Select "Import Favorites" then click Next
    Browse to the location where you saved the FF bookmarks.html file to
    open it in the wizard then click Next
    Choose the destination folder where you would like all the FF
    bookmarks to be (Favorites will put them at the top level) then click
    Next
    Click Finish and you'll get a confirmation dialog box
    RichCI, Feb 9, 2007
  4. tim&

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 08:41:32 -0600, in message <>,
    tim& wrote:

    > I always
    > wanted to get ALL my bookmarks in one place so I did not have to open
    > both IE and FF to find a bookmark. I was always hoping there would be
    > a way to convert them to a HTML file that I could just click on and
    > have them all there,

    Go to the bookmarks manager window ("Bookmarks -> Organize Bookmarks"),
    From there, use the menu command "File -> Export"

    > but I suppose thats not possible.

    Seek and ye shall find.
    Ralph Fox, Feb 9, 2007
  5. tim&

    Ed Mullen Guest

    tim& wrote:
    > going to use from now on. Before I delete Firefox, I want to convert
    > all my favorites (bookmarks) to IE. I DO NOT want to over-write my IE
    > bookmarks though. Even if I was not planning to remove FF, I always
    > wanted to get ALL my bookmarks in one place so I did not have to open
    > both IE and FF to find a bookmark. I was always hoping there would be
    > a way to convert them to a HTML file that I could just click on and
    > have them all there, but I suppose thats not possible.

    Open IE. Choose File - Import & Export. Follow the dialog to import
    Favorites. Browse to your FF profile and import the file bookmarks.html.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Feb 10, 2007
  6. tim&

    Jason L © Guest

    <tim&> wrote in message
    > I've finally had enough of Firefox. Just too exhausted to keep
    > dealing with all the missing plugins and all the settings that are far
    > too complicated to change. FIrefox is ok, but it's for someone that
    > enjoys tinkering with their computer all the time and someone that's
    > in the "computer geek" category. I am neither of these. I just want
    > to browse the web without interruption or having to be pestered with
    > plugins and stuff. I also find that FF does not always render web
    > pages correctly, which IE normally does.

    And by not "tinkering", you will never get the most out of your web browsing
    experience. If you must go that route at least use Opera. It has everything
    nice and bundled together they way you want. Going back to IE is just plain
    foolish.
    Jason L ©, Feb 12, 2007