How to convert DVD/Video to iPod/PSP?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by honghui_2006@hotmail.com, Apr 12, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper & Video to iPod Converter
    ----User guide
    Nowadays, most iPod converter is popular more and more going with iPod
    developed. Many friends ask me to introduce a good iPod video converter
    after I issued a report about iPod video converters. (You can get more
    info from my report on the page:
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/report.html), so I write a guide for
    users to recommend a tool (Wondershare iPod Video Suite). I wish it is
    useful to you.

    Before you convert your files, please know the general limits which the
    iPod carry.

    H.264 video: up to 768 Kbps, 320x240, 30 frames per sec., Baseline
    Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo
    audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

    MPEG-4 video: up to 2500 Kbps, 480x320, 30 frames per sec., Baseline
    Profile up to Level 1.3 with AAC-LC up to 128 Kbps, 48 KHz, stereo
    audio in .m4v, .mp4 and .mov file formats.

    How to convert DVD to iPod with Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper (for
    windows)
    Features:
    Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper can convert / rip DVD to iPod video
    directly (need not convert DVD to AVI or VOB first)
    If you're a Windows user, Wondershare DVD to iPod Ripper works great
    for you. You can convert/rip DVD to iPod Video easily. Additional, its
    rich options and conversion quality can satisfy your entire
    requirements. After testing, all formats to iPod conversion works well!
    Let's view the steps.

    Step 1: Download the latest version 'Wondershare iPod Video Suite' from
    here
    http://download.wondershare.com/iPodSuite_trial.exe
    Install and run it.

    Step2. Click DVD to iPod Converter component to open the DVD to iPod
    Ripper

    Step3.Import DVD files
    1) Load your DVD from DVD-ROM drive by clicking "Open DVD"
    2) Or Load .inf file from your hard disk by clicking "add inf"
    3) Or right click on the blank area in the center of the main interface
    to import video files from your hard disk and DVD-ROM drive.

    Step4. As usual, the longest title is the main file of the movie. You
    can remove the title you don't like to convert by choosing the title,
    right-clicking and "Remove" or "Clear All"

    Step5. Click "Option" to set conversion parameter. You can
    customize "Resolution", 'Frame rate', 'Format', 'Bit
    rate', 'Channels', 'Frequency', 'Volume' here according
    to your need. Or you just use the default setting.

    Step6.Set 'Subtitle' and 'Audio' to what you like. To 'Save as',
    enter the full pathname or choose the path where you want to save your
    video files by clicking the icon in the right side.

    Step7.If you want to convert partial of the file, you just select the
    title and double click it, then a clip window will be pop up, you can
    drag the slider to set the start and end point freely, or type in the
    time manually, then only the desired section of the DVDs will be
    converted.

    Step8.After all the thing done, click the 'START' button to begin
    the conversion. Click the `Cancel` button when you want to stop
    recording (Or, leave it to run until the end if you wish to record the
    whole thing).

    Step9.When the conversion is complete. Find the .mp4 file that DVD to
    iPod Ripper created and drag it into your iTunes library, or select
    'Add File to Library' from the 'File' menu and select the encoded
    movies. Now you can watch it with iTunes or QuickTime Player on your
    PC. You can download iTunes 6+quicktime Player package from here
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html

    Step10. Load the MP4 files to iPod by clicking 'File -> Update iPod'.
    Now, you can enjoy the movies on your fifth generation video iPod
    anywhere and anytime.

    How to convert AVI/WMV/MPG/MPEG/MOV/DAT/ASF/RM/RMVB to iPod with
    Wondershare Video to iPod Converter (for windows)
    Wondershare Video to iPod Converter can convert
    AVI/WMV/MPG/MPEG/MOV/DAT/ASF
    /RM/RMVB to iPod video directly. If you're a Windows user, Wondershare
    Video to iPod Converter works great for you. You can convert all
    popular video formats to mp4 easily. After testing, all formats to iPod
    conversion works well!
    You can download the latest version from here
    http://download.wondershare.com/iPodSuite_trial.exe

    As the interface and operation are familiar with DVD to iPod Ripper. I
    not repeat it here, follow the above steps, you will manage it easily!

    Finally
    Finish my guide; have you know more about Wondershare iPod Video Suite?
    If you still have problems, you can refer to this forum
    http://www.dvd-ripper-copy.com/forum/index.php
    If you find other problems, mistakes or have any feedback on this
    guide, send me a Private Message. I hope this guide helped you, hope
    you stick around :)
    , Apr 12, 2006