How to convert AVI for use in dvd player?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by madsgormlarsen@gmail.com, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi

    I have a avi file ( mpeg4, yuv420p, 352x272, 29.97 fps, 242 mb ) that I
    would like to burn to a regular CD for watching om regular dvd player
    (Funai DPVR-5810).

    I belive my DVD player is DviX compliant. I borrowed a disk from a
    freind - a copy of a dvd movie - and that worked. I belive it was on a
    dvd and it was dvix encoded.

    I have burned the file to cd's as udf, iso 9690, and normal cd , that
    does not work.

    Can it be that my dvd can only read mp3 of normal cd, so I will have to
    burn it onto a dvd?

    Any way of testing what my dvdplayer can do , without risking to reck
    it in the proces?

    Any suggestions?

    Cah

    , Dec 8, 2005

  2. Kenny Guest

    If you have a DivX player simply copy the file as data and it should play,
    check the specs of it.
    Use a CDRW to be sure.
    For converting to DVD I use DVD Santa.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > If you have a DivX player simply copy the file as data and it should play,
    > check the specs of it.

    I have looked at the specs in the manual of my Funai player, it does
    not mension Divx. It was a cheap player, is it unlikely that it can
    understand DixX. The file is divx5.

    > Use a CDRW to be sure.

    Can it read cdrw better than cdr, or it it just a matter of being
    prudent.

    Thanks for the help.

    , Dec 9, 2005
  4. Kenny Guest

    If it doesn't say DivX in the specs then it's not a DivX/AVI player. The
    AVI file will have to be converted to DVD for playback in an ordinary
    player. I use DVD Santa for this but there are many other programs to do
    same.
    Only reason I said use CDRW is that you can erase and re-use it.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Dec 9, 2005