    (Home)dvd Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW
    6650A USB DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi
    and Divx consion gladly acceppted.

    Leigh-Jay Kendall, Jul 1, 2007

  2. Leigh-Jay Kendall

    Stuart Guest

    Re: How to convert AVI and Divx files to dvd to play on standard dvd player (uk PAL)

    "Leigh-Jay Kendall" <> wrote in message
    > Hello Everyone,
    > I am new at this dvd burning lark. I have downloaded a film
    > and complete T.V Series. The Film is a Divx file and the complete TV
    > series is a AVI file. How can convert them to play on a Standard (Home)dvd
    > Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW 6650A USB
    > DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi and Divx
    > consion gladly acceppted.

    ConvertXtoDVD will do it but it's not free - probably easier to get a DVD
    player that is DivX compatible.

    Stuart, Jul 1, 2007

  3. Leigh-Jay Kendall

    Guest

    , Jul 1, 2007
  4. Leigh-Jay Kendall

    Jeff Guest

    > Hello Everyone,
    > I am new at this dvd burning lark. I have downloaded a
    > film and complete T.V Series. The Film is a Divx file and the complete
    > TV series is a AVI file. How can convert them to play on a Standard
    > (Home)dvd Player (UK PAL) not computer. My dvd burner is a nec +-DVD RW
    > 6650A USB DVD burner. any advise and or web links offering freeware avi
    > and Divx consion gladly acceppted.

    Things may be different in UK, but in US every burner I have seen comes
    with the software (Nero or Roxio) to do that. They may not do the best
    quality conversion but they don't cost extra.

    Jeff, Jul 2, 2007
  5. Leigh-Jay Kendall

    a3721

    Joined: