    for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
    work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
    LilJohn
    LilJohn, Jun 23, 2003

  2. LilJohn

    Shep© Guest

    On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 19:11:48 GMT, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters "LilJohn" <> wrote :

    >I have several taped speeches and other oral presentations on diskettes. I
    >would like to convert them to CDs. How would I connect the tape player to my
    >computer? I have been looking at www.dazzle.com which makes a USB interface
    >for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
    >work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
    >LilJohn

    If the tape deck has line-outs plug them into the line-in of your
    sound card and the sound card may have come with a,"Wave" recorder
    software that you can use to record to .wav format best at 44.1k
    stereo so it can be converted to .cda format by your CDR/W burning
    software easily.
    If you don't have the software the Shareware,"Goldwave",
    http://www.goldwave.com/
    will do the job.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jun 23, 2003

  3. LilJohn

    Guest

    I don't know how your tape player works, but I've done this a number of
    times simply coming out of the speaker jack in the tape player directly
    into the line-in on my sound card. Then you can record onto your hard
    drive using whatever software you have. I use the software that came
    with my Sound Blaster card. Windows also has a no frills recorder that
    might work. After you transfer the clips to your hard drive, you can
    burn them onto CD's. This is the short version, but it might get you
    started. Hope it helps. You might even want to convert the clips to mp3
    files to save space depending on their original size.

    >I have several taped speeches and other oral presentations on diskettes. I
    >would like to convert them to CDs. How would I connect the tape player to my
    >computer? I have been looking at www.dazzle.com which makes a USB interface
    >for analog video for possible use on a tape player I don't know if it will
    >work of if there is an easier way. Anybody got any ideas? thanks.
    >LilJohn

    , Jun 23, 2003
  4. LilJohn

    LilJohn Guest

    Thanks for the help. I can't wait to see if I can make it work.

    LilJohn, Jun 23, 2003