How to convert a .mix file to a standard image file format

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Helpneeded, Dec 2, 2003.

  1. Helpneeded

    Helpneeded Guest

    Hello all,

    A friend of mine has received an image file, the extension is a .mix
    extension. I'm able to download a viewer for it, but unfortunately I can't
    find a converter that'll convert it from .mix to something like
    ..jpg/.gif/bmp etc...

    I know that the file was created using Microsoft PhotoDraw, but my friend
    unfortunately can't get the person who originally created it to convert it
    to a standard format.

    I've googled and can only find viewers and not converters. I also know that
    the file is a non-standard image format, but would have thought there would
    be a converter for it.

    Have you any clues on where I can find it (obviously I have googled but to
    no avail)?

    Regards
    Helpneeded, Dec 2, 2003

  2. Helpneeded

    Juan Pérez Guest

    In news:bqj6lp$62v$,
    Helpneeded <> typed:
    > Hello all,
    >
    > A friend of mine has received an image file, the extension is a .mix
    > extension. I'm able to download a viewer for it, but unfortunately I
    > can't find a converter that'll convert it from .mix to something like
    > .jpg/.gif/bmp etc...
    >
    > I know that the file was created using Microsoft PhotoDraw, but my
    > friend unfortunately can't get the person who originally created it
    > to convert it to a standard format.
    >
    > I've googled and can only find viewers and not converters. I also
    > know that the file is a non-standard image format, but would have
    > thought there would be a converter for it.
    >
    > Have you any clues on where I can find it (obviously I have googled
    > but to no avail)?
    >
    > Regards

    Open your *.mix file using MS Word or, if you have it, Picture It!

    Juan
    --
    I find it is impossible to be wrong 100% of the time. That would
    require a consistence greater than I could ever achieve.
    Juan Pérez, Dec 3, 2003