How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing forexperimentation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Danny D, May 4, 2013.

  1. Danny D

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    In article <kn5c57$p4j$>,
    says...

    > "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <kmdgjn$fe8$>,
    > > says...
    > >>
    > >> "Danny D" <> wrote in message

    > >> If the third condition is true, then you have learned nothing in your
    > >> life
    > >> at all
    > >> You don't have to go back to being a liberal to take advantage of
    > >> benefits
    > >> you paid for all your life with taxes.

    > > That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for
    > > somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.
    > >
    > > You must be one of those who thinks that Social Security has been saving
    > > your payments for you and investing them wisely. It hasn't. It has
    > > loaned it all to the Federal government at very low interest and the
    > > government has spent it all.
    > >

    > Don't presume stupid things just to justify your ignorance

    What ignorance would that be?

    J. Clarke, May 17, 2013

  2. Danny D

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    says...

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Sun, 12 May 2013 22:22:54 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In article <>,
    > >>says...

    > >>So you're fine with deceptive marketing as long as the fine print screws
    > >>the buyer.

    > > You certainly don't read well.

    > >>Tell that to the Japanese.

    > > That's not their problem, either.
    > >

    > But he sure needs to produce strawmen every time he posts

    And we should believe you because you're always right and you never lie
    .. . .

    J. Clarke, May 17, 2013

  3. Danny D

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    says...

    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Mon, 13 May 2013 00:54:25 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>In article <>,
    > >>says...

    > >>You should try writing more clearly. If you meant something clever you
    > >>failed.

    > > No clever intentions at all. You simply are incapable of reading
    > > what's written.

    > >>Then perhaps you should contact their government and explain to it what
    > >>their problem really is, since you seem certain that they are incorrect
    > >>in their assessment of the situation.

    > > Many have. Like ours, theirs is interested things other than getting
    > > their economy going.

    > he's really not trying to "discuss"anything
    > All he's doing is making strawmen argument to "corner" you and thus be able
    > to imagine that he's right.

    I don't notice either of you explaining what the "real" problem is in
    Japan that is masquerading as a shrinking workforce and rising retiree
    population. If there is some other problem, please explain to us what
    it is.

    J. Clarke, May 17, 2013
  4. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kn5btj$ns1$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".

    >> If there was no trust, there would be no discussion on how to do DIY
    >> After all, if you didn't trust anyone else why bother learning from them

    > One does not need to trust someone in order to learn from them.

    Sure you do
    Otherwise why waste your time

    > One does need to test their teachings though to separate out what
    > works from what doesn't. It also helps to have multiple independent
    > sources.

    So effectively, since you have to verify and test what they teach, you
    effectively admit there is no trust.

    The presumption in a trust society, is that the experts are experts
    The presumption is a no-trust society is that no one knows dick
    See how that works.

    >> And that is EXACTLY what occurs in low-trust societies
    >>
    >> And yes, there is both risk and cost
    >> If you take the advse of someone who may not have good knowledge, you run
    >> the risk of having greater cost than if you had someone do it for you
    >>
    >> > Do you buy from spammers?

    >> What has that got to do with the price of tea in China
    >> Being high trust does not mean being stupid
    >> Even high trust societies need to and do, follow the rule "Trust but
    >> verify"
    >> That is very different from the rule
    >> "Do not trust unless...(insert restrictive criteria here",
    >> or even worse the rule
    >> "Do not trust, since everyone is in it for themselves..
    >> and will screw you over if they can.."
    >> Which are both signs of low trust societies.

    maybe next time you should read EVERYTHING posted before responding

    Attila Iskander, May 17, 2013
  5. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <kn5c57$p4j$>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    >> > In article <kmdgjn$fe8$>,
    >> > says...

    >> > That's the thing, you didn't pay for your own benefits, you paid for
    >> > somebody else's benefits, and now somebody else has to pay for yours.
    >> >
    >> > You must be one of those who thinks that Social Security has been
    >> > saving
    >> > your payments for you and investing them wisely. It hasn't. It has
    >> > loaned it all to the Federal government at very low interest and the
    >> > government has spent it all.
    >> >

    >> Don't presume stupid things just to justify your ignorance

    > What ignorance would that be?

    Look above at your stupid strawman.

    Attila Iskander, May 17, 2013
  6. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    Another strawman.

    Attila Iskander, May 17, 2013
  7. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    Attempt at redirection noted

    Attila Iskander, May 17, 2013
  8. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 10:22:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > No clever intentions at all. You simply are incapable of reading
    >> > what's written.

    >> > Many have. Like ours, theirs is interested things other than getting
    >> > their economy going.

    >> he's really not trying to "discuss"anything
    >> All he's doing is making strawmen argument to "corner" you and thus be able
    >> to imagine that he's right.

    >I don't notice either of you explaining what the "real" problem is in
    >Japan that is masquerading as a shrinking workforce and rising retiree
    >population. If there is some other problem, please explain to us what
    >it is.

    That's easy, though it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Japan
    has already tried a couple of decades of Obamanomics. It failed for
    them as it is for us, and everyone else who has tried spending
    themselves into prosperity. Of course you lefties are too dumb to see
    the obvious.

    , May 17, 2013
  9. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:42:11 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 9 May 2013 18:25:52 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Well, you have a point that alt.comp.freeware is filled with
    >>>spammers; but alt.home.repair is a wonderfully experienced
    >>>collection of homeowners who help each other - and -
    >>>rec.photo.digital is renown for the professionals who frequent
    >>>it's hallowed threads.
    >>>

    >> The point being that there isn't trust because there is nothing at
    >> risk; nothing *to* trust.

    >Completely bogus point as demonstrated elsewhere

    Wrong.

    , May 17, 2013
  10. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:41:21 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 9 May 2013 17:22:37 +0000 (UTC), Danny D <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>Interesting. The USENET is a high-trust society, for the most part;
    >>>and certain groups, such as the three on this post, are all high-trust
    >>>USENET newsgroups.

    >> Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".

    >If there was no trust, there would be no discussion on how to do DIY
    >After all, if you didn't trust anyone else why bother learning from them
    >And that is EXACTLY what occurs in low-trust societies

    Wrong. What trust is there in taking advice on DIY? There is rarely
    anything to lose by DIY.

    >And yes, there is both risk and cost
    >If you take the advse of someone who may not have good knowledge, you run
    >the risk of having greater cost than if you had someone do it for you

    Nope. Do tradesmen pay you, in your universe?

    >> Do you buy from spammers?

    >What has that got to do with the price of tea in China
    > Being high trust does not mean being stupid
    >Even high trust societies need to and do, follow the rule "Trust but verify"
    >That is very different from the rule
    > "Do not trust unless...(insert restrictive criteria here",
    >or even worse the rule
    > "Do not trust, since everyone is in it for themselves..
    > and will screw you over if they can.."
    >Which are both signs of low trust societies.

    Speaking of strawmen!

    , May 17, 2013
  11. Danny D

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Fri, 17 May 2013 10:22:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    > >says...
    > >>
    > >> <> wrote in message

    > >> he's really not trying to "discuss"anything
    > >> All he's doing is making strawmen argument to "corner" you and thus be able
    > >> to imagine that he's right.

    > >I don't notice either of you explaining what the "real" problem is in
    > >Japan that is masquerading as a shrinking workforce and rising retiree
    > >population. If there is some other problem, please explain to us what
    > >it is.

    > That's easy, though it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Japan
    > has already tried a couple of decades of Obamanomics. It failed for
    > them as it is for us, and everyone else who has tried spending
    > themselves into prosperity. Of course you lefties are too dumb to see
    > the obvious.

    I see. So when exactly did Japan adopt "Obamanomics"?

    J. Clarke, May 17, 2013
  12. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 12:14:43 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> On Fri, 17 May 2013 10:22:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    >> >says...

    >> >I don't notice either of you explaining what the "real" problem is in
    >> >Japan that is masquerading as a shrinking workforce and rising retiree
    >> >population. If there is some other problem, please explain to us what
    >> >it is.

    >> That's easy, though it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Japan
    >> has already tried a couple of decades of Obamanomics. It failed for
    >> them as it is for us, and everyone else who has tried spending
    >> themselves into prosperity. Of course you lefties are too dumb to see
    >> the obvious.

    >I see.

    You're lying again, idiot.

    >So when exactly did Japan adopt "Obamanomics"?

    '90s. They've had two "lost decades" to our half (they did
    Obamanomics first - and have stuck with it).

    , May 17, 2013
  13. Danny D

    J. Clarke Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    In article <>,
    says...

    > On Fri, 17 May 2013 12:14:43 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >In article <>,
    > >says...

    > >> That's easy, though it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Japan
    > >> has already tried a couple of decades of Obamanomics. It failed for
    > >> them as it is for us, and everyone else who has tried spending
    > >> themselves into prosperity. Of course you lefties are too dumb to see
    > >> the obvious.

    > >I see.

    > You're lying again, idiot.

    <plonk>

    J. Clarke, May 17, 2013
  14. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Fri, 17 May 2013 13:23:52 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >>
    >> On Fri, 17 May 2013 12:14:43 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>,
    >> >says...

    >> >I see.

    >> You're lying again, idiot.

    ><plonk>

    Lefties can't handle the truth. Nothing new here, folks.

    , May 17, 2013
  15. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 May 2013 10:22:08 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <kn5c58$p4j$>,
    >>says...
    >>>
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> he's really not trying to "discuss"anything
    >>> All he's doing is making strawmen argument to "corner" you and thus be
    >>> able
    >>> to imagine that he's right.

    >>I don't notice either of you explaining what the "real" problem is in
    >>Japan that is masquerading as a shrinking workforce and rising retiree
    >>population. If there is some other problem, please explain to us what
    >>it is.

    > That's easy, though it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. Japan
    > has already tried a couple of decades of Obamanomics. It failed for
    > them as it is for us, and everyone else who has tried spending
    > themselves into prosperity. Of course you lefties are too dumb to see
    > the obvious.

    Or learn from the failures of others.
    Like children, they believe in magical thinking and imagine that if the
    believe hard enough it's bound to become true and real.

    Attila Iskander, May 18, 2013
  16. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    "J. Clarke" <> wrote in message
    > In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> On Fri, 17 May 2013 12:14:43 -0400, "J. Clarke"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >In article <>,
    >> >says...

    >> >I see.

    >> You're lying again, idiot.
    >>
    >> >So when exactly did Japan adopt "Obamanomics"?

    >> '90s. They've had two "lost decades" to our half (they did
    >> Obamanomics first - and have stuck with it).
    >>

    > <plonk>

    Poor fool
    The Truth hurts and you run away from it.

    Attila Iskander, May 18, 2013
  17. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:42:11 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >><> wrote in message

    >>> The point being that there isn't trust because there is nothing at
    >>> risk; nothing *to* trust.

    >>Completely bogus point as demonstrated elsewhere

    > Wrong.

    Denial is NOT a river in Africa

    Attila Iskander, May 18, 2013
  18. Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    <> wrote in message
    > On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:41:21 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >><> wrote in message

    >>> Not at all. There is no "risk" or "cost", so therefore no "trust".

    >>If there was no trust, there would be no discussion on how to do DIY
    >>After all, if you didn't trust anyone else why bother learning from them
    >>And that is EXACTLY what occurs in low-trust societies

    > Wrong. What trust is there in taking advice on DIY? There is rarely
    > anything to lose by DIY.

    Sure there is
    1) Your time (Apparently you don't value yours. BUt others do)
    2) Your money (for parts) that may end up wasted
    3) Any additional costs you may incur if the advice is bad.

    >>And yes, there is both risk and cost
    >>If you take the advse of someone who may not have good knowledge, you run
    >>the risk of having greater cost than if you had someone do it for you

    > Nope. Do tradesmen pay you, in your universe?

    Again, denial is NOT a river in Africa
    And clearly you never encountered the term "Opportunity Cost"
    Do look it up
    You'll come across as less ignorant..

    >>> Do you buy from spammers?

    >>What has that got to do with the price of tea in China
    >> Being high trust does not mean being stupid
    >>Even high trust societies need to and do, follow the rule "Trust but
    >>verify"
    >>That is very different from the rule
    >> "Do not trust unless...(insert restrictive criteria here",
    >>or even worse the rule
    >> "Do not trust, since everyone is in it for themselves..
    >> and will screw you over if they can.."
    >>Which are both signs of low trust societies.

    > Speaking of strawmen!

    Maybe you should look up the term before you use it again.
    Just to avoid looking stupid

    Attila Iskander, May 18, 2013
  19. Danny D

    bobad Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Sat, 18 May 2013 08:26:21 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    <> wrote:

    >Or learn from the failures of others.
    >Like children, they believe in magical thinking and imagine that if the
    >believe hard enough it's bound to become true and real.

    It's stunning how many people believe in magic money. I can't fathom
    whether it's stupidity, ignorance, mental illness, drugs, laziness, or
    wishful thinking that cause people to embrace it.

    I have a brilliant idea! Hire me, and pay me a $250K salary, and I'll
    hire you and pay you $250K and we'll both be rich! That's how magic
    money works, in the simplest possible way. It gets more complicated,
    but works out the same in the end.

    To make an economy work, people have to work and produce goods. They
    have to be allowed to keep 75% of what they earn. Otherwise, the
    economy will go underground and/or do a slow-motion crash.

    -

    Bob

    bobad, May 18, 2013
  20. Danny D

    Guest

    Re: How to convert a JPG picture into a vector drawing for experimentation

    On Sat, 18 May 2013 08:28:44 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    <> wrote:

    ><> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 17 May 2013 08:42:11 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>><> wrote in message

    >>>Completely bogus point as demonstrated elsewhere

    >> Wrong.

    >Denial is NOT a river in Africa

    Seems you're lost on this one. BTW, you owe me $1,000,000 but I'm
    under no delusions that you'll pay up.

    , May 18, 2013