    also the printserver? How to configure the Air Ties?

    Thanks in advance,

    Peter Ingelse
    peter ingelse, Sep 8, 2007

  2. peter ingelse

    Gordon Guest

    "peter ingelse" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I want to set up a wireless network with four computers and a printer with
    >printserver. I have two modem/routers (Speedtouch 780 and Air Ties RT-210).
    >I would like to use the Speedtouch 780 as the mode/router for connection
    >with internet. Three of the other computers can connect wireless with the
    >Speedtouch 780, but the third can't because of the distance. To increase
    >the distance capacity, would it be possible to use the Air Ties
    >router/modem as a kind of wireless access point to which I can connect this
    >computer and also the printserver? How to configure the Air Ties?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Peter Ingelse

    Look in the User manual - you should be able to set the Router as a
    bridge....
    Gordon, Sep 8, 2007

  3. Thank you.

    Which one should I set up as a brige, the Speedtouch (the one that is
    connected to ADSL internet) or the Airties (the one I want to use as an
    extra acces point)? And do I have tochange the settings of the other one in
    any way?

    Thanks again,

    Peter

    peter ingelse, Sep 8, 2007
  4. peter ingelse

    > Thank you.
    >
    > Which one should I set up as a brige, the Speedtouch (the one that is
    > connected to ADSL internet) or the Airties (the one I want to use as an
    > extra acces point)? And do I have tochange the settings of the other one
    > in any way?

    I would suggest the Airties.....unless the manual tells you you can't. Is
    the Speedtouch actually a Router or is it an ADSL Modem?
    Gordon, Sep 8, 2007
  5. The Speedtouch is a combined ADSL Modem/Router. Can I leave the settings of
    the Speedtouch unchanged?

    I changed the settings of the Air Ties: the ATM PVC VC1 on 1483 Bridging,
    but it did not help. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    peter ingelse, Sep 8, 2007
  6. Hi

    If the ISP authentication (PW and ID) is done through the Speedtooch, you
    should leave the Speedtouch as is and use the Wireless Router as an Access
    Point.

    Here is how you configure it.

    Wireless Router as an AP - http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Otherwise if the Speedtocuh can be turned into a tramsparent modem disabling
    the Router part, the Wireless Router can be used in its Wireless Router
    configuration.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Sep 8, 2007
  7. "peter ingelse" <> wrote in message
    > The Speedtouch is a combined ADSL Modem/Router. Can I leave the settings
    > of the Speedtouch unchanged?
    >
    > I changed the settings of the Air Ties: the ATM PVC VC1 on 1483 Bridging,
    > but it did not help. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

    Peter,

    I think you want to configure bridging on the device closest to the
    Internet--in your case, the SpeedTouch. Assuming that your DSL provider uses
    PPPoE, your AirTies device then becomes the PPPoE end-point.

    Hope that's helpful,

    Ronald Nissley
    Ronald Nissley, Sep 8, 2007
  8. No my DSL provider uses PPPoA instead of PPPoE. Makes that any difference?

    Thanks,

    Peter

    peter ingelse, Sep 8, 2007
  9. "peter ingelse" <> wrote in message
    > No my DSL provider uses PPPoA instead of PPPoE. Makes that any difference?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Peter

    Peter,

    Yes, your AirTies RT-210 will be a PPPoA endpoint and needs to be configured
    as such. Select PPPoA as your WAN connection type and enter your ISP account
    user name and password.

    HTH,

    Ron
    Ronald Nissley, Sep 9, 2007