    my laptop connects to, this icon reads "connected", and therefore, i was
    wondering if anybody had any ideas as to how this connection on my laptop can
    be connected or fixed so that I can access the internet. Thank you

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxpZTEyMzQ=?=, Jul 16, 2007

  2. 1. It could be the DHCP issue. for the test, try to setup TCP/IP using a static IP address.
    2. It could be the security. For the test, disable the security.

    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    "Charlie1234" <> wrote in message news:...
    My wireless internet connection recently stopped working and i was unable to
    access the internet- the Local area connection icon in 'Network connections
    displays the message "network cable unplugged", yet on the main computer that

    Robert L [MVP - Networking], Jul 16, 2007

  3. Hi
    It would help if you would describe what hardware you are trying to connect
    to.
    The make sure that the Laptop is set correctly look at this page,
    http://www.ezlan.net/wireless.html
    Wireless configuration.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Jul 16, 2007