    Where can I find it?

    Thanks,

    SZ
    SZ, Oct 21, 2003

  2. SZ

    CSM1 Guest

    "SZ" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi, all,
    >
    > I am thinking of buy a Canon 300D. But I know it has no pc connector
    > for external strobe system.
    >
    > Is there an adaptor which can convert the hot shoes to a pc connector?
    > Where can I find it?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > SZ

    http://www.adorama.com Search for "hot shoe to pc adapter". There is one for
    $9.50.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com
    Search for "hot shoe to pc adapter". Prices start at about $10.

    --
    CSM1
    http://www.carlmcmillan.com
    CSM1, Oct 22, 2003

  3. SZ

    Charlie Self Guest

    CSM1 responds:

    >> I am thinking of buy a Canon 300D. But I know it has no pc connector
    >> for external strobe system.
    >>
    >> Is there an adaptor which can convert the hot shoes to a pc connector?
    >> Where can I find it?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> SZ

    >http://www.adorama.com Search for "hot shoe to pc adapter". There is one for
    >$9.50.

    Except it doesn't seem to have a PC connector, a common failing of digital
    prosumer cameras.

    Charlie Self

    "Middle age is when your age starts to show around your middle."
    Bob Hope
    Charlie Self, Oct 22, 2003
  4. SZ

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Charlie Self" <> wrote in message

    > Except it doesn't seem to have a PC connector, a common failing of digital
    > prosumer cameras.
    > Charlie Self

    A 'Hot Shoe to PC Adapter' *creates* a PC connector - it doesn't require one
    to create one!
    PhotoMan, Oct 22, 2003
  5. SZ

    John O. Guest

    > Except it doesn't seem to have a PC connector, a common failing of digital
    > prosumer cameras.
    >
    > Charlie Self

    And I don't think I'd call that camera a "prosumer". The whole point of
    the thing is "entry level". The film based version doesn't have a PC
    socket either. Usually, that level of user doesn't require one. For
    those that do, $10 gets you an adapter.

    --
    John O.
    There is no slack in light attack.
    John O., Oct 22, 2003
  6. SZ

    Lisa Horton Guest

    You've already been told about the Safe Sync, but I see a number of
    people mentioning the various cheap hotshoe to PC adapters. I've tried
    quite a few of these, and the one characteristic common to ALL the cheap
    ones is that they fail. Generally sooner, but sometimes later, and
    almost always at an inconvenient time. If you don't need the Safe Sync,
    then you wan the Nikon AS-15, which is still cheap, but is good and will
    hold up to extensive use without failing.

    Lisa

    Lisa Horton, Oct 22, 2003
  7. SZ

    SZ Guest

    Thanks, Lisa and all who previously responded.

    I was little confused when I looked BH site and found some
    hot-s to pc adapter was shown but without any mentioning to
    which brand of camera. The adapter is not universal, right?

    When you mention Nikon AS-15, does it fit Canon?

    Also, you mentioned that many adapters keep failing. I thought the
    adapter is just acting as a conductor connecting hot-s to pc wires.
    Are there any electronic devices in the adaptor?

    Thanks again

    SZ

    SZ, Oct 28, 2003
  8. SZ

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    The adaptors I got are "HAMA" which is a distribution company selling pretty
    much generic stuff. The standard adaptor works for Canon -- but would not
    work for Minolta which has a non-standard flash shoe.
    All the failures I have experienced have been in the pc cables.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Oct 28, 2003
  9. SZ

    Lisa Horton Guest

    SZ wrote:

    > Thanks, Lisa and all who previously responded.
    >
    > I was little confused when I looked BH site and found some
    > hot-s to pc adapter was shown but without any mentioning to
    > which brand of camera. The adapter is not universal, right?

    Except for Minolta, a simple PC to hotshoe adaptor should be universal.

    > When you mention Nikon AS-15, does it fit Canon?

    Yes, perfectly.

    > Also, you mentioned that many adapters keep failing. I thought the
    > adapter is just acting as a conductor connecting hot-s to pc wires.
    > Are there any electronic devices in the adaptor?

    Nope, no electronics, they're just full of crap I guess. First they
    work fine, then they work intermittently, and finally, if one is
    desperate enough to keep using them, they just stop working. Cheap
    shoddy construction would be my guess.

    Lisa
    Lisa Horton, Oct 30, 2003