    Could you advise in detail what i need in terms of software or hardware and how to carry this out please?

    many thanks

    seavenheaven
    sevenheaven, Sep 2, 2009

  2. sevenheaven

    technoplume

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2009
    Messages:
    55
    You don't need much in fact if you have a network set up. In fact All you need is to have a free Ethernet port in your sister PC. You can add a Ethernet card in the PC and connect your Laptop whit a LAN cable. You will need to Share the printer on your Sister PC. Then on your laptop, click Add Printer and find the printer on the network. The driver should install them self and you will be able to print. If you have a wireless network it's even better. Once the printer is shared all you have to do is open you sister PC and gain access to the printer.

    If you have no network just unplug the printer from your sister's PC. Plug it in the laptop and install the drivers. You might need a different cable or adapter.
    technoplume, Sep 9, 2009