    My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
    Appreciate any help.

    Sam.

    sams, May 31, 2004

  2. sams wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
    > s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
    >
    > I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
    > about $40.
    >
    > My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
    > Appreciate any help.
    >
    > Sam.

    I would give up looking for a DVD player with a coax output. Just buy
    the converter. In the US an RF modulator runs about twenty bucks.
    Maybe you are in Canada?

    --
    "I like the cover: 'DON'T PANIC.' It's the first sensible thing I've
    heard all day."

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, May 31, 2004

  3. sams

    Biz Guest

    "sams" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
    > s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
    >
    > I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
    > about $40.
    >
    > My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
    > Appreciate any help.
    >
    > Sam.

    You buy the RF modulator. If you don't own a tv equipped with a/v jacks,
    you either buy one of those or buy a new tv.

    Biz, May 31, 2004
  4. sams

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    sams wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > So far I returned 2 DVD Players , cause the DVD Player only has RCA or
    > s-video output. Where my TV has only one BNC/Cable-ready type input.
    >
    > I was a bit shocked to know that a device to convert RCA to BNC cost
    > about $40.
    >
    > My tv works well with Cable and VCR only problem is the DVD.
    > Appreciate any help.
    >
    > Sam.

    Before going and buying an RF modulator, try connecting the DVD through
    your VCR. In *many* cases macrovision will not be an issue unless you
    try to record.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus