    download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
    it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
    help would be appreciated.

    Richard Moreno, Oct 21, 2003

  2. Richard Moreno

    Patch Guest

    "Richard Moreno" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    > causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    > period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
    > 'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    > Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    >
    > This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
    > the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
    > download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
    > it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
    > help would be appreciated.

    What OS? If Win98 try a registry restore.

    Patch, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Richard Moreno

    °Mike° Guest

    Uninstall Zone Alarm and try a different, easier to configure,
    firewall.

    Outpost v1 is free
    http://www.agnitum.com/migratepages/newpro_vs_oldfree.html

    Outpost Firewall Guide
    http://outpostfirewall.com/guide/index.htm

    On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 16:32:51 GMT, in
    <>
    Richard Moreno scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 21, 2003
  4. windows xp

    Richard Moreno, Oct 22, 2003
  5. In article <>,
    says...

    >Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible
    >causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long
    >period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.mindspring.com', Server:
    >'pop.mindspring.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
    >Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
    >
    > This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
    >the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
    >download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
    >it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
    >help would be appreciated.

    I really wonder if ZA is causing this. I think EL techs are misleading
    you. To confirm, shut down ZA and try right after you get the error. If
    you get the same error, then there's a problem with their mail server.

    Another Airnet User, Oct 22, 2003
  6. Richard Moreno

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Richard Moreno mused:

    | This is the message I get when logging in to outlook express and
    | the fine techs at Earthlink said to shut off Zone Alarm so I can
    | download email. How do you reconfigure ZA to stay on and download like
    | it once did. This problem has only occured during the last 3 days. Any
    | help would be appreciated.

    So, you've been running ZA and downloading your email fine until three
    days ago? So, if you believe your ISP that it is ZA, what changes to ZA did
    you make that might have caused the blockage?

    You can try removing Outlook Express from the Program Controls list, and
    then reloading it. Then re-assign permissions as needed when prompted by
    ZA. Also, check your ZA logs for any blocked traffic when the event above
    happens.

    mhicaoidh, Oct 22, 2003