How to configure 857 to allow Port forwarding to 2 servers on mylan and also Wireless settings

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by sparticle, Aug 26, 2007.

  1. sparticle

    sparticle Guest

    Hi,

    I have an 857W want to use it as a Wirelss Access point and also to host
    a couple of newtork service on non standard ports on my private lan.

    I have a non-NAt setup with my provider with a 255.255.255.248 subnet
    and 5 useable IP addresses.

    I have used the latest SDM to configure the basics and standard
    broadband access works fine. everything from my 192.168.0.x network is
    NATTED to the router Public Address. Router address is 192.168.0.254

    I have a DHCP and DNS server running on 192.168.0.1

    I have a mail server and a web server running on different INTRANET
    machine on non standard ports.

    IOS is 12.4.6T advsecurity K9

    Does anyone know how I do port forwarding using SDM ?

    I have configured a firewall rule from Dialer0 to Vlan1 to allow TCP to
    pass on the public ip address of the router to a specified port on one
    of my internal lan servers. But it does not work.

    This worked fine on my previous cheap and nasty BT1800HG !

    I could simply tell it what the ip address of the internal machine is
    and what port and protocol. It would then allow access through the
    firewall to this server and port as if it was the public ip address and
    port.

    As for the wireless, cant make any sense of that. It took me less than
    10 mins to configure the 1800HG to allow access secure to wireless
    clients using my lan DHCP server to control all LAN and WIFI ip
    addresses and access.

    Any help would be appreciated, I have read all teh stuff that came with
    the router. the documentation is rubbish on teh wireless siide. I
    suspect it is something to do with default routes or bridging the
    wirelss interface to the lan interface.

    Cheers
    Spart

    sparticle, Aug 26, 2007

  2. sparticle

    Merv Guest

    Re: How to configure 857 to allow Port forwarding to 2 servers on my lan and also Wireless settings

    check out config gen tool @ http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/800-isr-wizard.html

    Merv, Aug 26, 2007

  3. sparticle

    sparticle Guest

    Merv wrote:
    >> As for the wireless, cant make any sense of that. It took me less than
    >> 10 mins to configure the 1800HG to allow access secure to wireless
    >> clients using my lan DHCP server to control all LAN and WIFI ip
    >> addresses and access.

    > check out config gen tool @ http://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/800-isr-wizard.html

    Hi thanks for this, but I cannot get wireless to work at all. I can get
    it up and visible but my wireless clients cannot get an IP address or
    any services. I need both wired and wireless access from this router.

    If I use the config tool on the site it seems to configure a bvi1
    interface that seems to be taking the place of the wired lan. e.g.

    ! NOT SURE WHAT THIS IS FOR
    bridge irb
    !
    !ALL OF THIS IS FINE I CAN GET MY SYSTEM TO CONFIGURE ALL OF THIS
    interface Dot11Radio0
    no ip address
    !
    encryption mode ciphers tkip
    !
    ssid mywirelessnetwork
    authentication open
    authentication key-management wpa
    guest-mode
    wpa-psk ascii will use wepfornow
    !
    speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 basic-6.0 basic-9.0 basic-11.0
    basic-12.0 basic-18.0 basic-24.0 basic-36.0 basic-48.0 basic-54.0
    no cdp enable
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
    no bridge-group 1 source-learning
    no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
    !
    !THIS IS WHERE IT STARTS TO DIVERGE FROM MY RUNNING SYSTEM. MY SYSTEM
    ASSIGNS vlan1 an address of 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0 and uses access
    control list 100
    interface Vlan1
    no ip address
    bridge-group 1
    bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
    !
    ! I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS BUT IT IS USING MY ROUTER IP
    interface bvi1
    ip address 192.168.0.254 255.255.255.0
    ip access-group 100 in
    ip nat inside
    no ip directed-broadcast
    exit
    !
    GAP ..........
    !
    !BECAUSE ALL IS SAME AS MY SYSTEM APART FROM THIS COMMAND AT THE END OF
    !THE ACL BLOCK
    bridge 1 route ip

    sparticle, Aug 27, 2007
  4. sparticle

    Merv Guest

    Re: How to configure 857 to allow Port forwarding to 2 servers on my lan and also Wireless settings

    AFAIK if you want both the wired and wireless to work the IP address
    must be on the BVI interface

    try removing ip address from vlan 1 and place on bvi 1

    remove all access-group commands during initial connectivity testing

    if wireless PC cannot conect assign them static IP addresses to see if
    they can connect

    Merv, Aug 27, 2007
  5. sparticle

    Merv Guest

    Re: How to configure 857 to allow Port forwarding to 2 servers on my lan and also Wireless settings

    Try

    config t
    int ATM0
    dsl operating-mode auto