    this thing up
    Thanks

    , Jun 20, 2006

  2. PepeRdguez Guest

    ha escrito:

    > Hi,
    > I have 2 different isp with different ip address and gateways. I want
    > to configure them on cisco 3825 router for load balancing. Incase one
    > goes down the other will take care. Since i'm new to networking i
    > really dont have any idea on how to do it.
    > i'm using cisco 3825 router, cisco asa firewall and catalyst 4500 .
    > Please send me some links where i can get the exact idea on how to get
    > this thing up
    > Thanks

    As I don't know your network layout, I don't understand what loads you
    want to balance.
    Perhaps 2 links attached to a single router? Or two routers? Both
    cases, it's likely some cooperation from your network provider is
    required.
    With two routers MHSRP provides, at least, very good back up, but
    doesn't provide traffic balancing by its own.
    I wonder if the only redundant device is the ISP. Is that the issue?
    Any way, to get a good balance approach, outgoing traffic -it use to be
    the highest one-should be balanced from the firewall.
    Yours
    Pepe Rodríguez

    PepeRdguez, Jun 20, 2006