    Thank you in advance
    Regards
    Sam

    Sam, Jan 5, 2004

  2. In article <>,
    Sam <> wrote:
    :I connect a Cisco 1710 router Ethernet interface (10M) to a 3Com
    :SuperStack 3 Switch 4400. The LED on the switch also shows it is
    :running half-duplex, not matter I set the router Ethernet interface to
    :half-duplex or full-duplex.

    :Is there any method to config it to run at full-duplex mode for higher
    :throughput? (is it necessary to config the 3Com switch? and how?)

    If you have already changed the configuration on the 1710 end
    and the SuperStack still thinks it is half-duplex, then either
    the SuperStack port is forced to half-duplex or the SuperStack
    port cannot run full duplex, or the SuperStack port cannot
    negotiate full duplex with a 1710. Either there is nothing that
    can be done or you need to change the SuperStack configuration.
    --
    csh is bad drugs.

    Walter Roberson, Jan 5, 2004

  3. Sam

    Dan Lanciani Guest

    In article <>, (Sam) writes:

    | I connect a Cisco 1710 router Ethernet interface (10M) to a 3Com
    | SuperStack 3 Switch 4400. The LED on the switch also shows it is
    | running half-duplex, not matter I set the router Ethernet interface to
    | half-duplex or full-duplex.
    |
    | Is there any method to config it to run at full-duplex mode for higher
    | throughput?

    Can you set the 1710 to auto detect? If you force the 1710 to full duplex
    and the 4400 is set to auto (the default, I think) then there will be no
    negotiation and the 4400 will have to use half duplex (you can't parallel
    detect to full duplex). This is the classic auto detection quandary.

    |(is it necessary to config the 3Com switch? and how?)

    If you can't make the 1710 negotiate (auto detect) then you will have to
    force the 4400 to full duplex.

    Dan Lanciani
    ddl@danlan.*com

    Dan Lanciani, Jan 5, 2004