    Apologies for the cross-post.

    Thanks for your help
    Aaron
    PilotYid, Jan 3, 2006

  2. PilotYid

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    PilotYid wrote:
    > Basically, I have a few DVDs that I have created (in regular DVD
    > format), and I would now like to take several clips from these DVDs and
    > compile them into a new DVD of those clips. What is the easiest way to
    > do this? I have copied the VIDEO_TS folders of all of the DVDs to my
    > HD, but dont know what is the easiest way to do this now. I dont want
    > to have to convert to one format and then back to DVD. Can someone
    > recommend software, techniques, etc? Preferably using freeware. I also
    > have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and NeroVision/recode/showtime.
    >
    > Apologies for the cross-post.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    > Aaron

    By far the easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, and re-author.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Jan 3, 2006

  3. PilotYid

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Oldus Fartus" <> wrote in message
    > PilotYid wrote:
    >> Basically, I have a few DVDs that I have created (in regular DVD
    >> format), and I would now like to take several clips from these DVDs and
    >> compile them into a new DVD of those clips. What is the easiest way to
    >> do this? I have copied the VIDEO_TS folders of all of the DVDs to my
    >> HD, but dont know what is the easiest way to do this now. I dont want
    >> to have to convert to one format and then back to DVD. Can someone
    >> recommend software, techniques, etc? Preferably using freeware. I also
    >> have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and NeroVision/recode/showtime.
    >>
    >> Apologies for the cross-post.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help
    >> Aaron
    >>

    > By far the easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, and re-author.
    >
    > --

    TMPGEnc DVD Author 1.6 (TDA) would be even easier,
    one of its input formats is using an "Add DVD video" button.
    Since you have already edited the parts you want, they can be
    easily separated at GOP "I" frames, using TDA's "Chapter cut
    edit" process. I would do each one as a separate track/title,
    by clicking on the blue "Add new track..." text, to bring up a
    new input page for each track. Then set the menu to "Main
    menu only".

    Nero Vision has a bad habit of re-encoding everything it can.

    What you want to do can all be done within TDA. Extract -
    Edit - Author - Burn www.pegasys-inc.com

    Luck;
    Ken
    Ken Maltby, Jan 3, 2006
  4. PilotYid

    Joe Guest

    Oldus Fartus <> wrote:

    > PilotYid wrote:
    > > Basically, I have a few DVDs that I have created (in regular DVD
    > > format), and I would now like to take several clips from these DVDs and
    > > compile them into a new DVD of those clips. What is the easiest way to
    > > do this? I have copied the VIDEO_TS folders of all of the DVDs to my
    > > HD, but dont know what is the easiest way to do this now. I dont want
    > > to have to convert to one format and then back to DVD. Can someone
    > > recommend software, techniques, etc? Preferably using freeware. I also
    > > have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and NeroVision/recode/showtime.
    > >
    > > Apologies for the cross-post.
    > >
    > > Thanks for your help
    > > Aaron
    > >

    > By far the easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, and re-author.

    I think you may want to try the EASIER like some DVD Authoring program's
    which DVD Shrink is just a small part of the whole deal.
    Joe, Jan 3, 2006
  5. PilotYid

    Joe Guest

    "PilotYid" <> wrote:

    > Basically, I have a few DVDs that I have created (in regular DVD
    > format), and I would now like to take several clips from these DVDs and
    > compile them into a new DVD of those clips. What is the easiest way to
    > do this? I have copied the VIDEO_TS folders of all of the DVDs to my
    > HD, but dont know what is the easiest way to do this now. I dont want
    > to have to convert to one format and then back to DVD. Can someone
    > recommend software, techniques, etc? Preferably using freeware. I also
    > have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and NeroVision/recode/showtime.
    >
    > Apologies for the cross-post.
    >
    > Thanks for your help
    > Aaron

    I don't do Nero Vision *but* as long as it's a DVD Author with option to
    add clip then you just add the VOB like you add MPG or any format it
    supports.

    BTW, by default it may and may not have VOB in the list of supported
    formats (extensions), but VOB is (one of the) MPG, so you just need to tell
    it to

    - Look for *.VOB

    - Then Add whatever.VOB

    If your Nero Vision won't cut then TMPGenc DVD Author should do, and I
    have been doing this for years so I know 100% that it works.
    Joe, Jan 3, 2006
  6. PilotYid

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > Oldus Fartus <> wrote:
    >

    >>PilotYid wrote:
    >>
    >>>Basically, I have a few DVDs that I have created (in regular DVD
    >>>format), and I would now like to take several clips from these DVDs and
    >>>compile them into a new DVD of those clips. What is the easiest way to
    >>>do this? I have copied the VIDEO_TS folders of all of the DVDs to my
    >>>HD, but dont know what is the easiest way to do this now. I dont want
    >>>to have to convert to one format and then back to DVD. Can someone
    >>>recommend software, techniques, etc? Preferably using freeware. I also
    >>>have Nero 6 Ultra Edition and NeroVision/recode/showtime.
    >>>
    >>>Apologies for the cross-post.
    >>>
    >>>Thanks for your help
    >>>Aaron
    >>>

    >>By far the easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, and re-author.

    > I think you may want to try the EASIER like some DVD Authoring program's
    > which DVD Shrink is just a small part of the whole deal.

    Er.... No. I think I will stick with DVD Shrink, which works in
    conjunction with Nero and does the job (for me at least) quickly and
    with the barest minimum of recoding.

    Obviously other people have other preferences.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus
    Oldus Fartus, Jan 3, 2006
  7. PilotYid

    Joe Guest

    Oldus Fartus <> wrote:

    > >>By far the easiest way is to use DVD Shrink, and re-author.

    > > I think you may want to try the EASIER like some DVD Authoring program's
    > > which DVD Shrink is just a small part of the whole deal.

    > Er.... No. I think I will stick with DVD Shrink, which works in
    > conjunction with Nero and does the job (for me at least) quickly and
    > with the barest minimum of recoding.
    >
    > Obviously other people have other preferences.

    I ain't asking ya to switch, just lets you know there is an easier and do
    more than what DVD Shrink can. Yes, I have been using DVD Shrink for years,
    but only for SHRINKING nothing else.
    Joe, Jan 3, 2006
  8. PilotYid

    Bob Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:21:56 -0600, (Joe) wrote:

    >I have been using DVD Shrink for years,
    >but only for SHRINKING nothing else.

    It is handy when you want to put a couple of DVDs onto one disc and
    you need to do some minor editing.

    --

    Aleph-null bottles of beer on the wall,
    Aleph-null bottles of beer.
    Bob, Jan 3, 2006
  9. PilotYid

    Joe Guest

    (Bob) wrote:

    > On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 14:21:56 -0600, (Joe) wrote:
    >
    > >I have been using DVD Shrink for years,
    > >but only for SHRINKING nothing else.

    > It is handy when you want to put a couple of DVDs onto one disc and
    > you need to do some minor editing.

    That's what I have DVD Shrink doing the shrinking for years, but won't use
    DVD Shrink to the job of DVD Authoring.
    Joe, Jan 5, 2006