    virtualized in vmware workstation 8 as the guest))

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Sep 14, 2011

  2. Skybuck Flying

    Jeff Layman Guest

    On 14/09/2011 15:14, Skybuck Flying wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Apperently a metro application goes full screen... there is no X to close it
    > ?
    >
    > How do I close it without using control-alt-delete and terminating it ? I am
    > using a PC without a touch screen monitor so sliding is not an option.
    >
    > (Also the windows key is disabled on the host operating system to prevent
    > gaming issues, not sure if this might affect the client os... (windows 8 is
    > virtualized in vmware workstation 8 as the guest))
    >
    > Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    No idea what happens with a virtual OS, but in a normal Windows OS most
    times pressing ESC will revert from fullscreen to a normal window. If
    not, Alt-F4 closes an application.

    --

    Jeff

    Jeff Layman, Sep 16, 2011

  3. Skybuck Flying

    barb bowman Guest

    move your mouse to the lower left hand corner almost below the screen and the
    menu shows up. click the start thing.

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2011 16:14:23 +0200, "Skybuck Flying"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >Apperently a metro application goes full screen... there is no X to close it
    >?
    >
    >How do I close it without using control-alt-delete and terminating it ? I am
    >using a PC without a touch screen monitor so sliding is not an option.
    >
    >(Also the windows key is disabled on the host operating system to prevent
    >gaming issues, not sure if this might affect the client os... (windows 8 is
    >virtualized in vmware workstation 8 as the guest))
    >
    >Bye,
    > Skybuck.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    barb bowman, Sep 17, 2011
  4. Skybuck Flying

    cnmae

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Try This :

    ALT-ESC

    cnmae, Sep 23, 2011
  5. On Sep 14, 3:14 pm, "Skybuck Flying" <>
    wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Apperently a metro application goes full screen... there is no X to closeit
    > ?
    >
    > How do I close it without using control-alt-delete and terminating it ? Iam
    > using a PC without a touch screen monitor so sliding is not an option.
    >
    > (Also the windows key is disabled on the host operating system to prevent
    > gaming issues, not sure if this might affect the client os... (windows 8 is
    > virtualized in vmware workstation 8 as the guest))

    I assume there's a gesture. I'm making one right now in fact, did it
    help? ;-)

    Mainly towards Metro, not to you personally...

    Robert Carnegie, Oct 1, 2011
  6. Skybuck Flying

    surfer3907

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Can't close metro app

    I've tried all kinds of ways on my pc running Windows 8 - and yes, no Virtual PC or VMware. The only option is to press Ctrl+Alt+Del.

    surfer3907, Jan 8, 2012
  7. Skybuck Flying

    sprabjeet

    Joined:
    Feb 29, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Definatly working iDea ....

    Use TASK MANAGER its definitely going to work ...

    1. Right click on Task Bar (At the bottom of the screen) & click TASK MANAGER

    2. After Opening it , Click on the program you want to end ... and then similarly click on the END TASK.. Button

    3. Your program is closed and you can open that Program Later or again at that time as per ur wish !!

    ENJOY
    THANXX 4 READING

    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
    sprabjeet, Feb 29, 2012
  8. Skybuck Flying

    Niko

    Joined:
    Mar 4, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    I found a way to close those apps without Task Manager:

    Move your mouse to upper or lower left corner. Then move the mouse up or down in order to open a side bar (or whatever that thing is called). Then right click the app you want to close and choose close.

    Niko, Mar 4, 2012
  9. Skybuck Flying

    indicaigloo

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    Just figured this out to close a metro app.

    Move your mouse to the top of the screen (By where it says app-preview on the microsoft apps). It'll become a hand. Then click and drag all the way to the bottom. Let go. The app is closed.

    indicaigloo, Mar 23, 2012