    When I open a photo from my email client I get the wrong .jpg. Is
    there a way to clear the cache in ACDSee? Using ACDSee 7 with Windows
    XP SP2.

    Tim S, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Tim S

    Sheldon Guest

    "Tim S" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When I open a photo from my email client I get the wrong .jpg. Is
    > there a way to clear the cache in ACDSee? Using ACDSee 7 with Windows
    > XP SP2.

    I don't know what you mean by the wrong .jpg. If you are trying to get a
    certain program to open jpg files, just right-click on a jpg, then go to
    open with. You should be able to open jpg files with whatever program you
    want from here, and set it so all jpg files use the same program.

    Hope I understood what you meant. If not, it's a good tip anyway. :)

    Sheldon, Mar 22, 2005

  3. Tim S

    paul Guest

    Tim S wrote:

    > When I open a photo from my email client I get the wrong .jpg. Is
    > there a way to clear the cache in ACDSee? Using ACDSee 7 with Windows
    > XP SP2.

    Delete the database file. This will of course remove any custom sort
    orders & such, unfortunately. I have to do that periodically. It will be
    a rather large file, mine is 400MB currently.

    For me, it's located in:
    C:\Documents and Settings\paul\Application Data\ACD Systems\ACDSee
    ImageDB.dtf & ImageDB.ddf

    paul, Mar 22, 2005
  4. Tim S

    Tim S Guest

    couldn't find those files. strange how the wrong .jpg file always
    opens. still working on it.

    Tim S, Mar 22, 2005
  5. Tim S

    paul Guest

    When I get this problem, it mixes up the thumbnails or stops producing
    thumbnails but the full preview is always correct.

    paul, Mar 22, 2005
  6. Tim S

    BobS Guest

    Hi Tim,

    ACDSee 7 has a thumbnail maintenance process under the Option menu. That
    should realign image pointers and do the trick. Sorry I don't have the exact
    menu name available at the moment.

    BobS

    BobS, Mar 24, 2005