how to choose Cannon digital camera

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by halor, Feb 22, 2008.

  1. halor

    halor Guest

    halor, Feb 22, 2008

  2. halor <> wrote:
    >maybe you have a suggestion for another brand.

    Nikon, Sony, Leica, Mamiya, Pentax, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Kodak, ...
    [I know there are dozens more]

    See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera

    >What is good about these cameras

    Has been discussed at nauseum in this NG, please consult DejaNews.

    >http://[...]/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

    A better source for information may be a respectable source like e.g.
    http://dpreview.com

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 22, 2008

  3. halor wrote:

    > maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
    > help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
    > http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

    From Steve P in your reference:

    "Not meaning to sound harsh, but if you cannot spell Canon correctly and
    do not even have a clue what a SLR is, then I think you having a SLR
    would be a total waste of money."

    Gary Eickmeier

    Gary Eickmeier, Feb 22, 2008
  4. It really is difficult to suggest what camera might be good for you
    without knowing what you might want from a camera.

    How important is quality results?

    How much do you know about camera's (our guess is going to be not much
    since you asked what an SLR was) ?

    What kind of photos? Family, travel, sports etc.

    How much work are you willing to put into photography?

    How old are you? Yes this is a legit question. More specifically,
    would you be able to handle a camera with small controls, making adjustments
    and holding it steady.

    Don't worry about SLR or non-SLR. In the digital world that term has
    lost most of it's meaning.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Feb 22, 2008
  5. halor

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article
    <>,
    halor <> wrote:

    > maybe you have a suggestion for another brand. Just anything will
    > help! Also what is a SLR? What is it? What is good about these cameras
    > http://help.digitalcameras-plus.com/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

    Depends entirely on your budget and your needs and expectations. I
    suggest you visit a good camera store in your area and talk with a
    saleperson there about what you need. Canon makes great cameras, but so
    does Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Panasonic, Casio, and several other
    companies, so go try out a few cameras from different manufacturers and
    decide which one works best for you.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 23, 2008
  6. halor

    John Turco Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" wrote:

    > halor <> wrote:
    > >maybe you have a suggestion for another brand.

    > Nikon, Sony, Leica, Mamiya, Pentax, Hasselblad, Panasonic, Kodak, ...
    > [I know there are dozens more]
    >
    > >Just anything will
    > >help! Also what is a SLR? What is it?

    > See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-lens_reflex_camera
    >
    > >What is good about these cameras

    > Has been discussed at nauseum in this NG, please consult DejaNews.
    >
    > >http://[...]/which-cannon-digital-camera-to-choose.html

    > A better source for information may be a respectable source like e.g.
    > http://dpreview.com
    >
    > jue

    Hello, Jürgen:

    What's this "Cannon" that the original poster keeps referring to, eh?
    Is he into digital cameras, or artillery pieces, perhaps? :)

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Feb 25, 2008