    Some software requires the presence of ".NET Framework".

    How can you tell whether your XP (Home or Pro)
    already has .NET Framework on it?

    wylbur37, Oct 10, 2009

  2. wylbur37

    Leonard Grey Guest

    Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs - is it in the list?
    -or-
    Visit Windows Update

    P.S. Couldn't you find any more newsgroups to cross-post?
    ---
    Leonard Grey
    Errare humanum est

    Leonard Grey, Oct 10, 2009

  3. David H. Lipman, Oct 10, 2009
  4. On Fri, 09 Oct 2009 20:52:13 -0400, Leonard Grey
    <> wrote:

    > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs - is it in the list?
    > -or-
    > Visit Windows Update

    Let me add to what Leonard says here that the .net framework comes in
    several different versions. They don't substitute for one another, and
    if you are trying to run a program that needs one specific version and
    you don't have it, that program won't run.

    So your question shouldn't be about the "presence of '.NET Framework,'
    it should about the presence of ".NET Frameworks" (plural).

    > wylbur37 wrote:
    > > Some software requires the presence of ".NET Framework".
    > >
    > > How can you tell whether your XP (Home or Pro)
    > > already has .NET Framework on it?

    Please Reply to the Newsgroup

    Ken Blake, MVP, Oct 10, 2009
  5. wylbur37

    TaurArian Guest

    wylbur37 wrote:
    :: Some software requires the presence of ".NET Framework".
    ::
    :: How can you tell whether your XP (Home or Pro)
    :: already has .NET Framework on it?
    ::
    :: ...

    Benefits of the Microsoft .NET Framework
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829019

    Control Panel / Add and Remove / if Framework installed, should be listed
    there.
    --

    TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2010 - Update Services
    http://taurarian.mvps.org

    TaurArian, Oct 10, 2009