    anyway.

    regards

    PeterH

    PeterH, Apr 22, 2004

  2. PeterH

    Jim Townsend Guest

    PeterH wrote:

    > How can I check if there are any dead pixels in my 300D?
    >
    > I tried just leaving the lens cap on but the camera would not take the
    > picture.

    Turn of the autofocus switch on the lens..

    You may not see any after a second or so exposure, but the longer you expose, the
    more you'll see.

    Jim Townsend, Apr 22, 2004

  3. PeterH

    Fred Guest

    Jim Townsend wrote:
    > PeterH wrote:
    >

    >>How can I check if there are any dead pixels in my 300D?
    >>
    >>I tried just leaving the lens cap on but the camera would not take the
    >>picture.

    > Turn of the autofocus switch on the lens..
    >
    > You may not see any after a second or so exposure, but the longer you expose, the
    > more you'll see.

    You won't see dead pixels with this procedure, /hot/ pixels at best. A
    so-called dead pixel will show up at any speed as a bright (most of the
    time colored) spot and the JPEG compression will make it a small cross.

    --

    Frédéric

    Fred, Apr 22, 2004
  4. PeterH

    PeterH Guest

    Thanks - turning off the autofocus worked fine.

    Then tested jpegs and tiff (shot as RAW and converted) at 3 and 6 seconds
    (using the Dead Pixel Test software) and got zero hot and zero dead pixels.

    I did test a jpeg at 30secs and got 7 hot pixels but I have read that can be
    expected for a jpeg with that amount of exposure.

    I'm happy with these results.

    regards

    Peter

    PeterH, Apr 23, 2004