    readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
    Allen

    , Apr 30, 2007

  2. Alfred Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:42:30 +0100, wrote:

    >hello, I am sorting through some files which are part of our Charities
    >records/minutes from a few years ago. They are in the format of .wpw &
    >.wpd. Could someone please advise on how I can change these into
    >readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
    >Allen

    Google results suggest these are Corel word perfect files. Microsoft
    word should open wpw and give you the option of saving in doc format.
    I'd guess the wpd is a database file.

    You may have to ask around for someone with the original software to
    open them for you then save them in a more portable format.

    Alfred, Apr 30, 2007

  3. Tester Guest

    On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 18:42:30 +0100, wrote:

    >hello, I am sorting through some files which are part of our Charities
    >records/minutes from a few years ago. They are in the format of .wpw &
    >.wpd. Could someone please advise on how I can change these into
    >readable files in MS Word or, ...? Thanks for any help!
    >Allen

    WPD is Word Perfect and WPW is Word Perfect Works. There might be
    problems with cettain versions and some formatting but I should think
    that most popular word processing programs can read these at least WPD
    and write .doc files including MSWORD, and freeware Abiword and Open
    Office. Word Perfect was the most popular word processing program
    under DOS.

    Tester, Apr 30, 2007