how to change the password file (signons.txt) location?

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Richey / Delphi-Box, Sep 22, 2003.

  1. Hello,

    I have tried to configure a "shared" place for the password file
    (signons.txt) for both, Firebird and Mozilla, in user.js:

    user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "C:\\data\\cfg\\12345678.s");

    In my example, 12345678.s is the file originally created in Mozilla.
    For some URLs in there, Mozilla had to remember more alternate
    username/password combinations, which it smartly displayed in a list
    to be selected from.
    After the above change, however, NOTHING works anymore. Neither in
    Mozilla, nor in Firebird, any passwords are remembered, and the
    username/password fields of the websites I visit stay empty.

    Any idea what I missed or did wrong?

    thanks
    Richey

    --
    Visit http://www.Inner-Smile.com , home of:
    INF-Tool: the FREE alternative to overpriced, bloated setup builders

    Richey / Delphi-Box, Sep 22, 2003

  2. Richey / Delphi-Box

    ho alexandre Guest

    Richey / Delphi-Box wrote:
    > user_pref("signon.SignonFileName", "C:\\data\\cfg\\12345678.s");

    Try doing a relative path starting at the profile folder.

    --
    XandreX
    /I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

    ho alexandre, Sep 23, 2003