    launch it. Presently it starts in My Documents.

    Any help would be appreciated!

    TDM
    The Dead Man, Aug 27, 2005

  2. The Dead Man

    Toolman Tim Guest

    The Dead Man wrote:
    > I'd like to have Windows Explorer start in c:\my files\ everytime I
    > launch it. Presently it starts in My Documents.
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated!
    >
    > TDM

    Which method of starting Explorer? From the Start menu? Or the Winkey-E key
    combination? Or from a shortcut you created somewhere? And what version of
    Windows are you running?

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 27, 2005

  3. The Dead Man

    Harrison Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:34:34 -0400, The Dead Man <> wrote:

    >I'd like to have Windows Explorer start in c:\my files\ everytime I
    >launch it. Presently it starts in My Documents.
    >
    >Any help would be appreciated!
    >
    >TDM

    Assuming XP.....

    Click Start, point to Programs, then Accessories, then right-click Windows
    Explorer, and click Properties.

    Under Target field, which reads %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe, add to make the
    line read %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, C:\ whatever you want
    here

    Click OK.
    Harrison, Aug 27, 2005
  4. The Dead Man

    The Dead Man Guest

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:48:57 -0400, Harrison <Harrison> wrote:

    >On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 21:34:34 -0400, The Dead Man <> wrote:
    >

    >>I'd like to have Windows Explorer start in c:\my files\ everytime I
    >>launch it. Presently it starts in My Documents.
    >>
    >>Any help would be appreciated!
    >>
    >>TDM

    >Assuming XP.....
    >
    >Click Start, point to Programs, then Accessories, then right-click Windows
    >Explorer, and click Properties.
    >
    >Under Target field, which reads %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe, add to make the
    >line read %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe /n, /e, /select, C:\ whatever you want
    >here
    >
    >Click OK.

    Worked like a charm! Thanks!

    TDM