    screen.

    Thank you very much.

    John
    John, Aug 21, 2007

  2. John

    thanatoid Guest

    John <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have two user profiles set up on my PC that runs Windows
    > XP SP2, so I usually leave it at the login screen when I'm
    > not using the computer. After a few minutes of inactivity
    > the default XP screen saver comes on when I leave the
    > computer at the login screen. Is there any way to change
    > that screen saver to another one of my choice?
    >
    > When I am logged in to my profile I have it set so that my
    > chosen screen saver comes on. That's easy to do of course.
    > But I need someone to tell me how to change the screen
    > saver that comes on from the login screen.
    >
    > Thank you very much.
    >
    > John

    Google for "windows logo changer" (no quotes). There are many
    programs that will help (it can be done manually but it takes a
    long time to explain how) and many are free.

    --
    "This is not nuclear. This is just a test."
    - illyria
    thanatoid, Aug 21, 2007

  3. John

    John Guest

    On 21 Aug 2007 02:28:13 GMT, thanatoid <>
    wrote:

    >Google for "windows logo changer" (no quotes). There are many
    >programs that will help (it can be done manually but it takes a
    >long time to explain how) and many are free.

    Thanks for your suggestion, but I would rather do it manually than
    install more software on my PC. Does it involve editing the registry?
    Surely it can't be all that complicated. I edit my registry all the
    time.
    John, Aug 21, 2007
  4. John

    wrote:

    Google for "windows logo changer" (no quotes). There are many
    >programs that will help (it can be done manually but it takes a
    >long time to explain how) and many are free.

    OK I found it. Thanks. For anyone else who wants to know, the step by
    step instructions are at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314493 .
    John, Aug 21, 2007