    everywhere. This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7.

    This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is
    it possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router?
    Dimona, Jan 26, 2009

  2. Dimona

    John D Guest

    Have you explored here?
    http://www.thomson.net/GlobalEnglis...l_wireless/thomson_tg585v7/Pages/default.aspx
    --
    Dave

    John D, Jan 27, 2009

  3. Dimona

    Dimona Guest

    Dimona, Jan 28, 2009
  4. Dimona

    Bog Witch Guest

    Dimona wrote:
    > I am trying to change the name of my Wireless SSID as it has the default
    > ISP name which I want to hide.
    >
    > I have managed to access the router settings through IE entering the
    > router IP but I do not see anywhere to change the SSID and I looked
    > everywhere. This is a router Wifi Thomson TG585v7.
    >
    > This Wifi router was given free by my ISP at signing up with them, is it
    > possible that the ISP has disabled SSID name changing in the router?

    Dimona

    Fron the front page of the router, select 'Home Network', from there,
    select your Wireless network. From that page, select 'Configure', it's
    in small text at the top of the page on the right. From there, you
    should be able to change your SSID and select encryption, password etc.

    HTH,

    Bogwitch
    Bog Witch, Jan 28, 2009