    Now I received volume license key, how can I update the server and enter the
    new key without re-installation.
    Thanks for your help

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=, Feb 12, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I believe the only way to do this is to perform an in-place upgrade.
    (Insert your volume license media, install, choose "Upgrade" and enter your
    new key.)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 12, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=

    Theo Guest

    Microsoft has a program to change the Product Key from one
    version to another. It is not necessary to re-install to go
    from Retail to Volume. Sammy needs to contact his/her MS
    account manager for the information.

    Theo, Feb 12, 2007
  4. Hello Theo,
    Hmm I don't recall this as an option for that tool.
    I think it allows you to go from Volume to Retail, but not the other way.
    The idea being with leaked Volume Keys, there should be a method to buy a
    retail key so as not be using a leaked volume key.
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    --------------------

    Darrell Gorter[MSFT], Feb 12, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=

    Theo Guest

    You may be right. Darrell. I thought I had performed the
    change over not too long ago, but I may be mistaken.

    Theo, Feb 12, 2007
  6. Thank you all for taking time and responding to my question but how do I
    upgrade this machine?
    Thanks again for your time

    =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=, Feb 14, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U2FtbXk=?=

    Theo Guest

    Have you contacted your Microsoft account representative and
    asked about this?

    Theo, Feb 14, 2007