How to change from Avi to 'TV viewable' DVD?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by old jon, Feb 21, 2006.

  1. old jon

    old jon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I have 2 films in avi.type, how do I get these onto DVD to play on TV?
    > Thanks for any advice.
    > Allen

    Best place for video queries is:
    www.videohelp.com

    --
    bw..OJ

    old jon, Feb 21, 2006

  2. old jon

    Guest

    I have 2 films in avi.type, how do I get these onto DVD to play on TV?
    Thanks for any advice.
    Allen

    , Feb 21, 2006

  3. old jon

    fred-bloggs Guest

    wrote in news::

    > I have 2 films in avi.type, how do I get these onto DVD to play on TV?
    > Thanks for any advice.
    > Allen

    Buy a DIVX compatible dvd player which will play .avis directly. They are
    not expensive.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Feb 21, 2006
  4. wrote:
    > I have 2 films in avi.type, how do I get these onto DVD to play on TV?

    Look up "authoring" programs. I use DVD Architect, but you wouldn't need
    anything that costly for just a couple of disks.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Feb 22, 2006
  5. old jon

    Guest

    On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:04:52 +0000, wrote:

    >I have 2 films in avi.type, how do I get these onto DVD to play on TV?
    >Thanks for any advice.
    >Allen

    thanks for the advice!
    Looks like seeking out appropriate software, or...
    a divx player.
    thanks everyone
    Allen

    , Feb 22, 2006