    Is there any way to make these changes permanent?

    TIA,

    -Ramon

    Ramon F Herrera, Nov 30, 2003

  2. Ramon F Herrera

    Adrian Guest

    Ramon F Herrera wrote:
    > Every time I connect to our Cisco routers through
    > the console port I have to type:
    >
    > terminal length 50
    >
    > and I have to change the baud rate from 9600 to 38400.
    >
    > Is there any way to make these changes permanent?

    Well... you could always just fix your client terminal program... Or go
    into config mode and change the console settings. Save it from the
    running_config to startup_config after you made sure things work right
    so it will reboot with the same settings every time. (Note, your
    changing the console to non-standardish settings, so you are making it
    hard on anyone else that comes behind you.)

    > en

    # conf t
    (config)# line con 0
    (config-line)# length 50