How to change a light bulb?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by philo, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. philo

    philo Guest

    "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    >
    > HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

    <snip>

    the most amazing thing is that this thread has been circulation since two
    years
    *prior* to the invention of the lightbulb!
    philo, Dec 15, 2004

  2. philo

    TripTych Guest

    (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)

    HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

    - 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
    changed
    - 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
    light bulb could have been changed differently
    - 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    - 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
    light bulbs
    - 53 to flame the spell checkers
    - 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    - 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    - another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
    - 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
    "lamp"
    - 15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that
    "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    - 156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in
    violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    - 109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please
    take this discussion to a lightbulb group
    - 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum,
    and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped
    - 111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light
    bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group
    - 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior,
    where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best
    for this technique and what brands are faulty
    - 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    - 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
    corrected URL's
    - 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
    this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    - 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
    all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    - 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
    cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    - 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
    - 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
    - 44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
    - 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    - 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
    questions about light bulbs"
    - 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
    start it all over again....
    TripTych, Dec 15, 2004

  3. philo

    Old Gringo Guest

    TripTych wrote:
    > (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    >
    > HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
    >
    > - 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been
    > changed
    > - 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the
    > light bulb could have been changed differently
    > - 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
    > - 27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing
    > light bulbs
    > - 53 to flame the spell checkers
    > - 41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
    > - 6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb"
    > - another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
    > - 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is
    > "lamp"
    > - 15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and that
    > "light bulb" is perfectly correct
    > - 156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are in
    > violation of their "acceptable use policy"
    > - 109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please
    > take this discussion to a lightbulb group
    > - 203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic forum,
    > and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be stopped
    > - 111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light
    > bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group
    > - 306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior,
    > where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best
    > for this technique and what brands are faulty
    > - 27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
    > - 14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the
    > corrected URL's
    > - 3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to
    > this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
    > - 33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including
    > all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
    > - 12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they
    > cannot handle the light bulb controversy
    > - 19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
    > - 4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
    > - 44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
    > - 4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
    > - 143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
    > questions about light bulbs"
    > - 1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and
    > start it all over again....

    A Fun Read, Thanks :)

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Just West Of Nowhere
    Old Gringo, Dec 15, 2004
  4. On 15 Dec 2004, TripTych scribbled in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    >
    > HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

    snip

    That one's got moss a foot thick on it...

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    BEER!!11!! The Staff of Life
    The Old Sourdough, Dec 16, 2004
  5. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    | (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    |
    | HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?

    ==yawn==

    How about this one:

    How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

    Only two...but I wanna know how they got in there in the first place!
    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2004
  6. philo

    WormWood Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message

    > "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    > | (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    > |
    > | HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
    > |
    > ==yawn==
    >
    > How about this one:
    >
    > How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    >
    > Only two...but I wanna know how they got in there in the first place!

    How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?

    None....Californians screw in hot tubs.
    WormWood, Dec 16, 2004
  7. philo

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "WormWood" <> wrote in message

    | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | > "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    | > | (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    | > |
    | > | HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
    | > |
    | > ==yawn==
    | >
    | > How about this one:
    | >
    | > How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    | >
    | > Only two...but I wanna know how they got in there in the first place!
    | >
    | How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    |
    | None....Californians screw in hot tubs.

    <g> This thread could turn out okay after all...
    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2004
  8. philo

    Scrote Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:
    >> "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    >>> (I found this in another NG... I think it belongs here:)
    >>>
    >>> HOW MANY FORUM POSTERS DOES IT TAKE TO CHANGE A LIGHT BULB?
    >>>

    >> ==yawn==
    >>
    >> How about this one:
    >>
    >> How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    >>
    >> Only two...but I wanna know how they got in there in the first place!

    Another inventive and subtle test on humans. If they had replicated
    this experiment, say, another 41 times, who knows, the Vogons may never
    have turned up

    --
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
    people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. -- (The
    Scrote, Dec 16, 2004
  9. philo

    > "WormWood" <> wrote in message
    > |
    > | "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > | >
    > | > "TripTych" <> wrote in message
    > | > |
    > | > |
    > | > ==yawn==
    > | >
    > | > How about this one:
    > | >
    > | > How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    > | >
    > | > Only two...but I wanna know how they got in there in the first
    > place!
    > | >
    > | How many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb?
    > |
    > | None....Californians screw in hot tubs.
    > |
    > <g> This thread could turn out okay after all...

    It has a good start!
    WormWood, Dec 16, 2004