    rarely used)

    I have no problem with capturing the commercials, but can't capture
    the TV programme. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA
    Donchano, Jan 14, 2011

  2. In message <>, Donchano wrote:

    > I have no problem with capturing the commercials, but can't capture
    > the TV programme.

    With Firebug under Firefox/Iceweasel, I can monitor what URLs are being
    accessed as the video starts playing. Then I can try copying and pasting
    likely-looking ones into another window, where I use a tool like wget to
    capture the data.

    I’ve successfully used this on dailymotion.com, at any rate.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 14, 2011

  3. Donchano

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-01-14, Donchano <> wrote:

    > OS: WXPpro
    >
    > Browsers: Chrome v8.0.552.237& Firefox v3.6.13 (IE8 is loaded but
    > rarely used)

    Have you added dwhelpher to Firefox.it is in the extns or add-ons as they
    are now called.

    http://www.downloadhelper.net/

    Gentle people, the web browser is the place to be, to do all sorts of things
    on the Internet, or Not as in Flash (tm) crap. plug ins, then extensions,
    now add-ons; are more than pimping Firefox. They customise it. Read I am
    doing my way thanks $$$$ grabbing low life.

    > I have no problem with capturing the commercials, but can't capture
    > the TV programme.

    Right we have a battle on our hands. The people will win.

    Check out the add-on list. It was a mere few, but now it is a case of which
    version of whatever.

    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
    Gordon, Jan 14, 2011
  4. Donchano

    Donchano Guest

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2011 15:59:08 +1300, Donchano
    <> shouted from the highest rooftop:

    >OS: WXPpro
    >
    >Browsers: Chrome v8.0.552.237& Firefox v3.6.13 (IE8 is loaded but
    >rarely used)
    >
    >I have no problem with capturing the commercials, but can't capture
    >the TV programme. Any suggestions appreciated. TIA

    Unfortunately I hit the send button before finishing my query.

    The link for the TVNZ On Demand programme I'm trying to capture is:

    http://tvnz.co.nz/packed-to-the-rafters/packed-rafters-s2-e19-video-3590824

    Although I use Firefox for most things, it does not display TVNZ On
    Demand shows and simply hangs. So I use Chrome - which works
    beautifully - and would be grateful for any suggestions for that
    browser.

    BTW - I have tried Orbit/Grabit++, Free Video Catcher, Stream
    Transport, Flash Video Capture and TubeMaster++ - all without success
    (except for the commercials).
    Donchano, Jan 14, 2011
  5. In message <>, Donchano wrote:

    > The link for the TVNZ On Demand programme I'm trying to capture is:
    >
    > http://tvnz.co.nz/packed-to-the-rafters/packed-rafters-s2-e19-video-3590824
    >
    > Although I use Firefox for most things, it does not display TVNZ On
    > Demand shows and simply hangs.

    Works for me. Firebug reports the following URL for at least the first part
    of the show:
    <http://download.tvnzondemand.co.nz/download/store1/flash/2010/shows/packedtotherafters_s2_e19_part1_700k.flv>.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jan 14, 2011