    that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it online" I have
    to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action, and we all thought
    Telecom were slow ...
    Chris Mayhew, Mar 17, 2006

  2. Chris Mayhew

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Chris Mayhew <> wrote in news:1142584553.139061@ftpsrv1:

    > ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you will need to
    > order this online at the following link:

    LOL, order a cancel

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Mar 17, 2006

  3. Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    > (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the following reply
    >
    > ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you will need to
    > order this online at the following link:
    >
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >
    > ..."
    >
    > I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I assume
    > that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it online" I have
    > to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action, and we all thought
    > Telecom were slow ...

    You are only required to give one months written notice. I was sent the
    link to this form by support, but have replied telling them that written
    notice been given and and I'm not using their damn form.

    I too was not happy about the fact that it specified up to 45 days. I am
    requesting cancellation on the day the changes are made, which is also
    aligned to the start of the billing cycle, not some random time in the
    next 45 days, and I specifically want to ensure my e-mail address
    remains accessible as a free community address (which it was before I
    signed up for ADSL services with Orcon). Finally, the 'Reason for
    Cancellation' field is a joke, one line, and length limited so I
    couldn't specify a complete list of all that is wrong with their service.

    The Other Guy
    The Other Guy, Mar 17, 2006
  4. Chris Mayhew

    Richard Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    > (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the following reply
    >
    > ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you will need to
    > order this online at the following link:
    >
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >
    > ..."
    >
    > I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I assume
    > that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it online" I have
    > to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action, and we all thought
    > Telecom were slow ...

    Im in a unique position, they cut it off for non-payment the day before the
    changes were announced, and as luck would have it I read about the new plans
    while I was on hold with them to sort out reconnecting it, so that changed the
    topic of the call.

    They are still wanting me to find my telecom account number and other stuff to
    cancel it. As they have already turned it off I cant be bothered.

    Im thinking of just forgetting about getting content any more at home and just
    using the flatmates now twice as expensive connection or else going back to dialup.
    Richard, Mar 17, 2006
  5. Chris Mayhew

    ~misfit~ Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >> I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    >> (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the
    >> following reply ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you
    >> will need
    >> to order this online at the following link:
    >>
    >> http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >>
    >> ..."
    >>
    >> I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I
    >> assume that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it
    >> online" I have to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action,
    >> and we all thought Telecom were slow ...

    > You are only required to give one months written notice. I was sent
    > the link to this form by support, but have replied telling them that
    > written notice been given and and I'm not using their damn form.
    >
    > I too was not happy about the fact that it specified up to 45 days. I
    > am requesting cancellation on the day the changes are made, which is
    > also aligned to the start of the billing cycle, not some random time
    > in the next 45 days, and I specifically want to ensure my e-mail
    > address remains accessible as a free community address (which it was
    > before I signed up for ADSL services with Orcon). Finally, the
    > 'Reason for Cancellation' field is a joke, one line, and length
    > limited so I couldn't specify a complete list of all that is wrong
    > with their service.

    They let you keep the email addy. I, also signed up early and got the free
    email, an addy that I use as my primary. I *really* didn't want to change
    that, I reminded them that it was a "free, life-time email account" when I
    got it.

    However, they did cancel the dial-up plan I was on. basically it was a
    pay-as-you-go plan. I hadn't used it for a while but like to have one
    available in case I'm trouble-shooting someone's machine with connection
    problems. No monthly charge, pay by the hour. They cancelled it as I hadn't
    used it in a month.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2006
  6. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > The Other Guy wrote:
    >> Chris Mayhew wrote:
    >>> I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    >>> (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the
    >>> following reply ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you
    >>> will need
    >>> to order this online at the following link:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >>>
    >>> ..."
    >>>
    >>> I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I
    >>> assume that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it
    >>> online" I have to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action,
    >>> and we all thought Telecom were slow ...

    >> You are only required to give one months written notice. I was sent
    >> the link to this form by support, but have replied telling them that
    >> written notice been given and and I'm not using their damn form.
    >>
    >> I too was not happy about the fact that it specified up to 45 days. I
    >> am requesting cancellation on the day the changes are made, which is
    >> also aligned to the start of the billing cycle, not some random time
    >> in the next 45 days, and I specifically want to ensure my e-mail
    >> address remains accessible as a free community address (which it was
    >> before I signed up for ADSL services with Orcon). Finally, the
    >> 'Reason for Cancellation' field is a joke, one line, and length
    >> limited so I couldn't specify a complete list of all that is wrong
    >> with their service.

    > They let you keep the email addy. I, also signed up early and got the free
    > email, an addy that I use as my primary. I *really* didn't want to change
    > that, I reminded them that it was a "free, life-time email account" when I
    > got it.
    >
    > However, they did cancel the dial-up plan I was on. basically it was a
    > pay-as-you-go plan. I hadn't used it for a while but like to have one
    > available in case I'm trouble-shooting someone's machine with connection
    > problems. No monthly charge, pay by the hour. They cancelled it as I hadn't
    > used it in a month.

    They cancelled my dial up as well but the last time I used it it was as
    slow as could be - at least I assume they cancelled it as it doesn't
    show in my "services" page - the UBS doesn't show either so I assume
    that is cancelled as well. I got the following reply from Orcon this
    morning

    "... Thank you for your reply. The link that I have supplied is the
    cancellation form. If you read halfway down the form it asks for a
    reason for your cancellation.

    This is called an ordering form as your cancellation needs to be ordered
    it is not something that we can close off immediately.

    Once you have filled this out you will receive an email to confirm your
    cancellation. You will need to respond to this email to complete your
    cancellation. If no reply is received your account will continue until
    this is received. So please make sure you enter a valid email address."

    So, as you can see, it's a case of ordering a cancellation ..... (stop
    all that LOL) but the real bit I dislike is the only way you can do it
    is accept their conditions (up to 45 days).
    Chris Mayhew, Mar 18, 2006
  7. Chris Mayhew

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> The Other Guy wrote:

    >>> You are only required to give one months written notice. I was sent
    >>> the link to this form by support, but have replied telling them that
    >>> written notice been given and and I'm not using their damn form.
    >>>
    >>> I too was not happy about the fact that it specified up to 45 days.
    >>> I am requesting cancellation on the day the changes are made, which
    >>> is also aligned to the start of the billing cycle, not some random
    >>> time in the next 45 days, and I specifically want to ensure my
    >>> e-mail address remains accessible as a free community address
    >>> (which it was before I signed up for ADSL services with Orcon).
    >>> Finally, the 'Reason for Cancellation' field is a joke, one line,
    >>> and length limited so I couldn't specify a complete list of all
    >>> that is wrong with their service.

    >> They let you keep the email addy. I, also signed up early and got
    >> the free email, an addy that I use as my primary. I *really* didn't
    >> want to change that, I reminded them that it was a "free, life-time
    >> email account" when I got it.
    >>
    >> However, they did cancel the dial-up plan I was on. basically it was
    >> a pay-as-you-go plan. I hadn't used it for a while but like to have
    >> one available in case I'm trouble-shooting someone's machine with
    >> connection problems. No monthly charge, pay by the hour. They
    >> cancelled it as I hadn't used it in a month.

    > They cancelled my dial up as well but the last time I used it it was
    > as slow as could be - at least I assume they cancelled it as it
    > doesn't show in my "services" page - the UBS doesn't show either so I
    > assume that is cancelled as well. I got the following reply from
    > Orcon this morning
    >
    > "... Thank you for your reply. The link that I have supplied is the
    > cancellation form. If you read halfway down the form it asks for a
    > reason for your cancellation.
    >
    > This is called an ordering form as your cancellation needs to be
    > ordered it is not something that we can close off immediately.
    >
    > Once you have filled this out you will receive an email to confirm
    > your cancellation. You will need to respond to this email to complete
    > your cancellation. If no reply is received your account will continue
    > until this is received. So please make sure you enter a valid email
    > address."
    > So, as you can see, it's a case of ordering a cancellation ..... (stop
    > all that LOL) but the real bit I dislike is the only way you can do
    > it is accept their conditions (up to 45 days).

    When I changed to Actrix they told me not to cancel my account with OrCON as
    I'd get the run around. They'd get in touch with Telecom and Telecom would
    do it from their end. I was switched over in about 10 days and the OrCON
    account was closed at that time.
    --
    ~Shaun~
    ~misfit~, Mar 18, 2006
  8. On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 21:38:29 +1300, Chris Mayhew wrote:

    > I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    > (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the following reply
    >
    > ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you will need to
    > order this online at the following link:
    >
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >
    > ..."
    >
    > I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I assume
    > that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it online" I have
    > to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action, and we all thought
    > Telecom were slow ...

    Yeah well all ISPs are all secretive about cancelling. Sometimes you get
    an email weeks later confirming the disconnect.
    wogers nemesis, Mar 18, 2006
  9. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    How to cancel your Orcon UBS - UPDATE

    Chris Mayhew wrote:
    > I couldn't find any links on Orcon site to do this so I emailed them
    > (sales was the only email address I could find) and got the following reply
    >
    > ".... If you would like to cancel your UBS connection you will need to
    > order this online at the following link:
    >
    > http://www.orcon.net.nz/products/bitstream/existingcustomer/
    >
    > ..."
    >
    > I do note that on my "services" page UBS is no longer listed so I assume
    > that it has already been cancelled. Also, if I "order it online" I have
    > to agree that it might take up to 45 days to action, and we all thought
    > Telecom were slow ...

    OK, I filled out the form and got the following reply.

    > We successfully received your request to install or modify your BitStream service.
    > However, we have since been advised by our internal Provisioning team or Telecom that the request was declined.

    > The supplied phone number is/has already been disconnected, thus is it not possible to complete your order.

    > If you have any queries about this email, please get in touch with our helpdesk between 8am and 8pm weekdays.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Orcon Provisioning.

    Oh great, I now have to pay for this for the rest of my life ? bugger....
    Chris Mayhew, Mar 20, 2006