    @Roger and Graham

    Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with
    Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.

    Blu, May 23, 2011

  2. Blu

    Roger Guest

    On 23/05/2011 10:53, Blu wrote:

    > I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:
    >
    > How do I do this using a softphone, either Zoiper or XLite ?
    >
    > People who read my previous ATA thread will understand why I don't need
    > to know how to do it from the ATA !!!!
    >
    > Blu
    >
    > @Roger and Graham
    >
    > Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with
    > Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.

    Have you tried just pasting the address into the softphone? - its many
    years since I used xlite so cant remeber if that works or not. The other
    way is if you can set up speed dials often you can paste a sip address
    in the speed dial and then just dial the speed dial from the application.

    Roger, May 23, 2011

  3. Blu

    News Reader Guest

    "Blu" <> wrote in message

    > I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:
    >
    > How do I do this using a softphone, either Zoiper or XLite ?
    >
    > People who read my previous ATA thread will understand why I don't need to
    > know how to do it from the ATA !!!!
    >
    > Blu
    >
    > @Roger and Graham
    >
    > Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with
    > Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.

    Hi,

    Ensure you have IP dialling enabled (or configured), direct IP dialling,
    enter address (commonly without the " sip: " prefix). (It is understood that
    frequently the " sip: " part is only used for initiating the VoIP / SIP
    program [softphone] [more technically accurately {hopefully} instantiating
    the {SIP} URI]; if already in the application / program or the URI refer has
    not been configured on your computer then you do not need this part or it
    "will not work").

    Best wishes,

    News Reader

    News Reader, May 23, 2011
  4. Blu

    Graham. Guest

    "Blu" <> wrote in message news:E8qCp.3724$2...

    > I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:
    >
    > How do I do this using a softphone, either Zoiper or XLite ?
    >
    > People who read my previous ATA thread will understand why I don't need to know how to do it from the ATA !!!!
    >
    > Blu
    >
    > @Roger and Graham
    >
    > Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.

    The easiest way for me to test that URI was to configure one of my routes
    in a Skype to SIP gateway system I run here. It doesn't appear to work, it gets a
    REFUSED reply.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham., May 23, 2011
  5. In article <ire8uo$dkv$>, Graham. <> wrote:

    >"Blu" <> wrote in message news:E8qCp.3724$2...
    >>
    >> I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:
    >>
    >> How do I do this using a softphone, either Zoiper or XLite ?
    >>
    >> People who read my previous ATA thread will understand why I don't

    >need to know how to do it from the ATA !!!!
    >>
    >> Blu
    >>
    >> @Roger and Graham
    >>
    >> Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with

    >Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.
    >
    >The easiest way for me to test that URI was to configure one of my routes
    >in a Skype to SIP gateway system I run here. It doesn't appear to work,
    >it gets a
    >REFUSED reply.

    It's actually a host not found... While there is an A record for
    patton.com, there is also SRV record for _sip._udp.patton.com which
    points to sipx.patton.com:5060, however there is no A records for
    sipx.patton.com.

    Ah well..

    I have to say though, I've yet to find a company with a working
    anonymous SIP server... Although I did try it myself for a while (got no
    callers!) It's not something I really fancy for fear of VoIP spam - which
    then makes a complete mockery of things like enum, and SIP: URI's, etc.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, May 23, 2011
  6. Blu

    Blu Guest

    On 23/05/2011 19:27, Graham. wrote:
    > "Blu"<> wrote in message news:E8qCp.3724$2...
    >>
    >> I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:
    >>
    >> How do I do this using a softphone, either Zoiper or XLite ?
    >>
    >> People who read my previous ATA thread will understand why I don't need to know how to do it from the ATA !!!!
    >>
    >> Blu
    >>
    >> @Roger and Graham
    >>
    >> Set up the free Sipgate account as suggested, same issues as with Viopfone, registers OK but won't accept calls.

    > The easiest way for me to test that URI was to configure one of my routes
    > in a Skype to SIP gateway system I run here. It doesn't appear to work, it gets a
    > REFUSED reply.

    It is supposed to be a way of contacting Patton support in the USA
    without attracting international call charges.

    Maybe they use their own equipment, as a REFUSED reply is pretty much
    what I get when I try to call my number.

    I'll have to make do with email I guess.

    Blu, May 23, 2011
  7. Blu

    Roger Guest

    On Mon, 23 May 2011 19:55:06 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
    <> wrote:

    >In article <ire8uo$dkv$>, Graham. <> wrote:
    >>
    >>"Blu" <> wrote in message news:E8qCp.3724$2...
    >>>
    >>> I am trying to call the Free Voip Support number sip:

    >>The easiest way for me to test that URI was to configure one of my routes
    >>in a Skype to SIP gateway system I run here. It doesn't appear to work,
    >>it gets a
    >>REFUSED reply.

    >It's actually a host not found... While there is an A record for
    >patton.com, there is also SRV record for _sip._udp.patton.com which
    >points to sipx.patton.com:5060, however there is no A records for
    >sipx.patton.com.

    OTOH dig sip.patton.com returns

    sip.patton.com. 7200 IN CNAME voipgw.patton.com.
    voipgw.patton.com. 1200 IN A 67.101.23.130

    >Ah well..

    Quite.

    As a work-around the OP could try or
    ?

    Is there any reason why the SRV record can't specify
    voipgw.patton.com directly?

    >I have to say though, I've yet to find a company with a working
    >anonymous SIP server...

    I can offer one: intertex.se (not too surprising considering
    their business).

    "info" at "intertex.se" works using Sipgate (and is also a valid
    email address).

    http://www.intertex.se/contact/core.asp?iMenuID=90&iItemID=51
    --
    Roger

    Roger, May 24, 2011
  8. Blu

    Roger Guest

    On Tue, 24 May 2011 08:37:20 +0100, Roger
    <> wrote:

    >"info" at "intertex.se"

    Forgot to say that that takes you to a recording so you won't be
    disturbing anyone.
    --
    Roger

    Roger, May 24, 2011